Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #271
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcollinsdj View Post
HI - Can you plse advise where I can download XP KOBO DRIVER plse - my pc wont recognise KOBO ARC

regards

jim
There is no Kobo supplied driver, rather I think you will find that the Arc appears as an MTP device, which with Windows/XP needs a current version of Media Player.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #272
gruff007
gruff007 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7
Good evening. First time poster here. Santa brought my daughter a Kobo Arc 7 for Christmas. We are trying to set it up with some sort of parental control. We installed (& paid for) the McAfee protection. It now asks us for a password every time an app is started. In a nutshell; we set up a parent kobo account and added a child account. We would like our daughter to have some freedom on the device but to cut out the questionable material. She likes downloading apps but every time she tries to open one we have to input the McAfee password. Is there anyway to bypass this? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
gruff007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2013, 01:32 AM   #273
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
@Gruff007; sorry to say but there is very little Android discussions here in the Kobo section

You might have more luck over in the main Android forum here; Android Devices
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #274
MJKing
MJKing began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Help transferring books - Kobo Arc

Hi FaisalAbid, I hope you can help me. I've had my Arc now for over 12 months and have been happy with it - given it's trials and tribulations! However, I am now encountering a problem and need some help, if you can.

I am using Windows XP and have transferred many books onto my Arc using Calibre Companion via wifi (as I was earlier told by kobo that XP will not work via USB connection with my Arc).

I usually then go into Kobo Library and import contents.. firstly nothing new is coming through - they are stuck in CC and won't transfer into my Library? I'm sure this is the way I have usually updated my library from CC before but now it won't work.

Also, I have a number of books showing on my 'memory card' that is saying already in my library. They are not highlighted fully but just lightly and have ticks on the side. How can I delete these? When I press on them it just says 'already in library'.

Hope I have explained in a way you understand and that you will be able to help me.

Many thanks.

Michelle x
MJKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #275
MJKing
MJKing began at the beginning.

Also wanted to add.. I have been so so pleased with the Arc. But try reading outside in the summer... just can't be done!! I have complained to Kobo for misguided selling which hasn't got me very far - they don't want to know! I had to go out and rebuy a Kobo Touch just to take on holiday. Kobo customer services suck!!!!!!!
MJKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #276
hairlesskat
hairlesskat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7HD
Hi! I just got a Kobo Arc 7HD for Christmas. I am still getting acquainted with it, but have noticed that the speakers tend to pop every I'm opening an application, etc. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes. And no, it isn't the sound of a notification or anything like that.

Is this normal or should I be taking this unit back to the store for an exchange?

Thanks!
hairlesskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #277
justauser
justauser began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc 7
having a problem with my new arc 7 ... the home, menu and back navigation buttons are not present. tried a factory reset after all else was tried to no avail...any help would be appreciated.
justauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #278
maxbossi
maxbossi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Hi,
I installed on my ARC the jelly bean update found on https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213130 and I now I have the following problems with the status bar:
1. I do not have any longer notifications on email received and on applications downloads and updates
2. If I scroll down the notification bar, the settings icon is inactive
Do you have any suggestions on how to restore the status bar?
Thanks
maxbossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #279
shequest
shequest began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaisalAbid View Post
Hi guys. Im glad to see many of you loving your Kobo Arc.

The team worked really hard on it and we are humbled that you enjoy the device. After all its because of you guys we love getting up in the morning and do what we do!

Feel free to ask me anything technical regarding your device or Android in general.

p.s There is a kobo easter egg on the device! Find it if you can!
I have a Kobo Arc which is only 6 months old. My USB port has come loose, and I cannot recharge my Arc.
Can you or anyone tell how to fix this, apparently from reading around this is quite a common problem with Kobo.
I have informed Kobo, sent a multitude of pictures and have no definitive answer! This has happened over New Years, but I would like a replacement as soon as possible and then I need information in moving the Arc's information.
shequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 AM   #280
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruff007 View Post
Good evening. First time poster here. Santa brought my daughter a Kobo Arc 7 for Christmas. We are trying to set it up with some sort of parental control. We installed (& paid for) the McAfee protection. It now asks us for a password every time an app is started. In a nutshell; we set up a parent kobo account and added a child account. We would like our daughter to have some freedom on the device but to cut out the questionable material. She likes downloading apps but every time she tries to open one we have to input the McAfee password. Is there anyway to bypass this? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.
You installed security and now you want to bypass it. At least the security stops her opening what she has downloaded.
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:59 AM   #281
USA user
USA user began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO Arc 32 kb
My spoiled children each got KOBO Arc 32 for Christmas. I have a few questions....is there a good App for parental controls to block inappropriate surfing or YouTube usage? Also, we are in the US, will it be problematic at all to link up with libraries here etc. thanks!
USA user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:12 PM   #282
Vinyldisorder
Vinyldisorder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7HD
Why won't my books stay in the collection folders I created for them? Is this not the point of the 'collection' feature? They only stay in the 'book' section consistently. Not impressed with this after spending $200 on the unit. Very disappointing. Not to mention the fact that you can't even delete the books out of the 'book' section after you put them into the non-working 'collections', so everything is just a jumbled mess. It won't even organize by author properly!
Vinyldisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #283
maxbossi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbossi View Post
Hi,
I installed on my ARC the jelly bean update found on https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213130 and I now I have the following problems with the status bar:
1. I do not have any longer notifications on email received and on applications downloads and updates
2. If I scroll down the notification bar, the settings icon is inactive
Do you have any suggestions on how to restore the status bar?
Thanks
Is this thread dead? No more developer on Kobo Arc?
Old 01-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #284
Carpman
Connoisseur
Carpman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro
Maxbossi -

Hi

In answer to your question re this thread, the Kobo people that were posting here have long since deserted.

Unless one of the forum users can answer your question then you may have to post the question on the main Kobo site. I regret that I am unable to solve this problem for you.

With regard Kobo support 'don't hold your breath waiting for a solution' my experience is that they are crap at resolving anything at all. It's the old adage, 'if we ignore you long enough you will go away syndrome'.

Rakuten who now own Kobo are in my humble opinion 'pants' they took over another online business that I used to deal with, note the 'used to', that business is now awful to use and I think that Rakuten have ruined or are in the process of ruining Kobo.

I love my Arc, but despise Rakuten/Kobo and will shortly decamp to Apple and a iPod Mini, at least there is a thriving Apple forum where members can get answers pretty much to anything you need to know. No good for you of course.

Good luck with finding an answer................

Carpman

Last edited by Carpman; 01-24-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Carpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #285
maxbossi

Thanks Carpman,
Now I better understand what is going-on ......
I will probably follow your way-ahead!

Tags
ama, developers corner, kobo arc