Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
arashdarvish
arashdarvish began at the beginning.

Device: none
help! problem with touch screen

Hi folks.
i own a pro 903. the device touch screen was ok till last month. From that time, at first i felt that it doesn't respond all the times (it worked most of the times but missed the input every now and then). after a while, it broke completely. the touch screen does not respond to the stylus anymore.
the only thing I can remember is that i deleted all the books on the device main memory before those things happened. I have to add that i changed the firmware from 2.1.2 rc6 to 2.0.6, but it didn't help.
Thank you in advance,
Me!
arashdarvish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Have you tried calibrating the stylus?
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
arashdarvish

yes i have. it didn't help.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Put at least one book on the device, and, from the main menu, select Configuration->Maintenance->Clean_state. The database seems to go out of whack when you delete all the books behind its back. I think it's a good idea to delete books using the Library app rather than over the USB connection, since the former keeps the database up to date with the changes (and cleans up the old book-specific data like last page read, bookmarks,...). You can delete whole folders that way, as well.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
arashdarvish

i did it as well. it doesn't seem to do have done any good.
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by arashdarvish View Post
i did it as well. it doesn't seem to do have done any good.
could something had gone wrong with the stylus? I wonder whether you have the opportunity to try and operate it with another stylus, to try and isolate the problem better.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #7
arashdarvish

i'm afraid that is not possible for me. i have a boox a60. i tried to use the two stylus in a crossed manner. but none of the devices responded to the other stylus. of course, that had been the case when everything was all right.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Is there a shop that sells PB readers close to where you live? You could ask if you can test a stylus.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #9
arashdarvish

I'm afraid not... i live in Iran... I bought the device from France.