Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
distorteddisco
Enthusiast
distorteddisco began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Firmware source/binaries

I guess this is more directed at the Kobo devs that monitor this forum...
Any chance I could get a tarball of the latest firmware version? I'd love to load it onto an SD card (which I hear you can boot from) and work on a few ideas I had.

On a side note, is there any way to get a terminal (or emulator) on the Kobo Touch? I know someone did that over Bluetooth on the first Kobo...
distorteddisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
You can boot from a micro SD card but you need a specially compiled kernel. We'll be pushing the source code for the kernel and open source application libraries to our github repo in the coming days so you may be able to do this yourself.

Serial console access is not accessible unfortunately.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
distorteddisco
Enthusiast
distorteddisco began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by george.talusan View Post
You can boot from a micro SD card but you need a specially compiled kernel. We'll be pushing the source code for the kernel and open source application libraries to our github repo in the coming days so you may be able to do this yourself.

Serial console access is not accessible unfortunately.
Great, thanks, that's all I was wondering.
distorteddisco is offline   Reply With Quote