Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (Kindle/Nook/Sony) Candy Cookbook [Recipes]

Candy Cookbook by Gooseberry Patch is another short recipe collection from the eponymous publisher.

Currently free @ Amazon UK, will likely drop in the main store and show up elsewhere.

Description
Get a taste of Gooseberry Patch in this collection of over 20 favorite candy recipes! In Gooseberry Patch Candy we've gathered some of our best-loved candy recipes like Chocolate Fantasy fudge, Nutty Maple Candy, Hard Tack and Grandma Weiser's English Toffee. We've even included Lollipops and Popcorn Balls so you can treat the kids. Quick & easy temperature chart for delicious results every time! Also, ideas for sweetly wrapping up candy gifts, too!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Is now FREE on US Amazon site.

FREE on Barnes & Noble too: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cand...tch/1102344747
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looking over the Nook version, I noticed that the "Apricot Balls" recipe was missing the ingredients list.

Book is FREE for Apple iBook, but book won't download..."item is currently being modified". I don't know what that means, or if when they finish modifying it, it will become available. Therefore I am not adding the link.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Looking over the Nook version, I noticed that the "Apricot Balls" recipe was missing the ingredients list.

Book is FREE for Apple iBook, but book won't download..."item is currently being modified". I don't know what that means, or if when they finish modifying it, it will become available. Therefore I am not adding the link.
It says I can buy it, but that my credit card will be charged. Never saw that on a free book, so I'm not chancing the charge.

Here's a true EPUB (Sony) - http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/goo...00000000381841
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
bookratt
Wizard

Contacted the Gooseberry Patch gang about the missing ingredient list for Apricot Balls last night. They promptly sent me an email this morning with the page in PDF that has the correct info! Good for them!
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
phloxy
Always reading
phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It says I can buy it, but that my credit card will be charged. Never saw that on a free book, so I'm not chancing the charge.

Here's a true EPUB (Sony) - http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/goo...00000000381841

I had this happen once on a freebie. It was a pre-order for a book that is yet to be released, and it may have been a pricing error. It was listed as free, but when I clicked the pre-order button, it behaved as though I was purchasing (choose payment screen came up). The book looked good, and I decided to take my chances. As of today, it's still showing up in my digital orders with a price of $0.00. The book is set to release Feb. 27. I'll let you know if anything changes. YMMV, of course, but I thought I'd share my experience.
phloxy is offline   Reply With Quote