Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
shrik
shrik began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 Wifi 32 GB
Getting metadata fails

I downloaded The Count of Monte Cristo from Manybooks as a MOBI, and I'm Ctrl+D'ing away to glory in Calibre, but it fails with this:

Failed to download metadata for the following:
The Count of Monte Cristo
No matches found for this book

What's wrong?? I think one of the sites Calibre looks at is LibraryThing, and I searched there pasting the filename of the e-book that I had, and it gladly found the book for me..
shrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrik View Post
I downloaded The Count of Monte Cristo from Manybooks as a MOBI, and I'm Ctrl+D'ing away to glory in Calibre, but it fails with this:

Failed to download metadata for the following:
The Count of Monte Cristo
No matches found for this book

What's wrong?? I think one of the sites Calibre looks at is LibraryThing, and I searched there pasting the filename of the e-book that I had, and it gladly found the book for me..
Author field is different (and not blank/Unknown)

a ISBN is specified = Hard match (vs Softer match with no ISBN) = There is no data for that ISBN
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
shrik
shrik began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 Wifi 32 GB
Hmm..

Once I went to the individual metadata editing window, it fetched the info based on Title alone.

Had to clear out the Author and ISBN (which for whatever reason leads to a 'retold' edition'..) - cheers ducks!
shrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrik View Post
Hmm..

Once I went to the individual metadata editing window, it fetched the info based on Title alone.

Had to clear out the Author and ISBN (which for whatever reason leads to a 'retold' edition'..) - cheers ducks!
Welcom to the world of databases.
FWIW I have a dedtree copy of a book, I type the ISBN from the book and the fetch returns data/cover from (later) omnibus version or a completely different book. (the ISBN was correct (Grips:Trusty Bar-code scanner ) )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote