Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #91
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
guys anyway you know I can force the unit to enter recovery from adb?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #92
kronarq
kronarq began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Here's the lock and unlock utilities.

http://kronarq.freehostingcloud.com/edge/flash_lock
http://kronarq.freehostingcloud.com/edge/flash_unlock

These files were all pulled from /usr/sbin I entered recovery with the blank update I talked about from before and adb pull'd the files after finding them in shell.

Unfortunately I don't know how to enter recovery from android in these builds. They are a lot different from any Android system I have worked with before.

Considering how different the recovery ramdisk is these files might not even be compatible with Bionic. It looks like the recovery is using the standard libc 2.7 and not bionic.

Last edited by kronarq; 07-09-2011 at 06:23 PM.
kronarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #93
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Thumbs up First Success!

App - Bofa - which used to fail with "stock" Ermine up and running!!!

Also, "speed" tweak in 1.01.001 made it into actual installation!

And all of that WITHOUT root!

Last edited by ptsenter; 07-09-2011 at 06:31 PM.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #94
kronarq

Does anyone know what the 16 pin header on the lcd side is for?
http://kronarq.freehostingcloud.com/edge/16pin.html

Last edited by kronarq; 07-09-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #95
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronarq View Post
http://kronarq.freehostingcloud.com/...edge-16pin.jpg
I can't see the image(shows the logo of that site), but I would guess its for the LCD itself?
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #96
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

kronarq> can you link me your update.zip which enter recovery please?
emusan> any chance the device checks can be disable in update.zip. I am craving for a working device i can test the roms here/
Old 07-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #97
vicinc
Guru

kronarq > thanks. I am trying this, do you really think that by redoing the nand image I can get the rotate/menu back?
Old 07-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #98
vicinc
Guru

tested
# flash_unlock /dev/mtd5
flash_unlock /dev/mtd5
flash_unlock: permission denied
so still no luck with this
Old 07-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #99
kronarq

What exactly did you do to lose it in the first place? Have you verified the update.zip integrity and that the usb or sd is a fat partition?

It was worth a try to flash from android. Not sure if it's an issue with the binaries or something else.

Here's a working link to the pic.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #100
n6pfk
n6pfk began at the beginning.

Device: none
What does the writing at the pins say?

There is writing at the pins. What does it say? Then maybe we'll know what it's for.

/
n6pfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #101
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronarq View Post
I don't think it's the JTAG - most of those on ARM devices are 14 or 20 pins.

Without seeing it in relation to more of the board (better lit and focused - a grouch of mine) it is very hard to guess.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #102
vicinc
Guru

I do not have eink apps at all, and recovery procedure to ermine or golden update does not work. So it is working 100% fine just like a 7 inch android on lcd screen. I did logcat this on the thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139121
I did copied all the system folder again, repaired permissions still no luck.
so I do not know how to unbrick. is rooted, adb is working.
USB is working, tried 5 usb drives, inc the one used to update to ermine, zip is fine, tried fat32 and fat, tried even a 256 mb drive, all recognized by android and mounted fine.
is anyway to trigger the update from android, like a system ota upgrade?
kronarq> What exactly did you do to lose it in the first place? Have you verified the update.zip integrity and that the usb or sd is a fat partition?

It was worth a try to flash from android. Not sure if it's an issue with the binaries or something else.

Last edited by vicinc; 07-10-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #103
vicinc
Guru

is that not the simcard port? http://kronarq.freehostingcloud.com/edge/16pin.html
Old 07-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #104
splitpersonality
splitpersonality began at the beginning.

Can't get the update.zip to run

Hey all - I'm a developer but not an android developer, and I can't get that darn update.zip to run. I got the PE version, copied to a USB stick as /update.zip, power off, hold menu and rotate, power on while still holding menu & rotate until the 2nd dot appears, but no luck. Interesting though, I get the flashing cursor in the upper right after that for a while, then it seems to start the boot process over as I see it go back to one dot and do a normal boot from there.

Any ideas on how to force that update.zip to run? I noticed it's just a zip file with an update.sh inside, if only I could just run it!

Edit: anyone know if there are log files somewhere that might give a clue what's going on? Didn't see anything in /var/log :-(

Last edited by splitpersonality; 07-10-2011 at 12:44 PM.
splitpersonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #105
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitpersonality View Post
Hey all - I'm a developer but not an android developer, and I can't get that darn update.zip to run. I got the PE version, copied to a USB stick as /update.zip, power off, hold menu and rotate, power on while still holding menu & rotate until the 2nd dot appears, but no luck. Interesting though, I get the flashing cursor in the upper right after that for a while, then it seems to start the boot process over as I see it go back to one dot and do a normal boot from there.

Any ideas on how to force that update.zip to run? I noticed it's just a zip file with an update.sh inside, if only I could just run it!

Edit: anyone know if there are log files somewhere that might give a clue what's going on? Didn't see anything in /var/log :-(
Try install adb and run

adb logcat

I believe I explained how to do it on the first or second page of this thread.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote