Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
TomvanWeerd
TomvanWeerd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
f-secure keeps calibre in service

After closing down Calibre it remains active as a service until f-secure is unloaded. In this situation also all internet trafic is blocked until f-secure is unloaded. Strange, because Calibre is accepted by f-secure. Any idea to work around yhis problem without unloading f-secure or installing a different fire wall or virus scanner?
TomvanWeerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've never heard of F-Secure, but it should have a way to add trusted apps to it. Have you tried adding Calibre as a trusted app?

Do you also have the Calibre server checked to start each time you start up Calibre? If so, did you really intend for that option? I use the feature, but I don't have a need to leave it on all the time. This alone could be the issue. The option is under Preferences, Sharing over the Net, uncheck the box for "Run server automatically when Calibre starts".
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
TomvanWeerd
TomvanWeerd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I've never heard of F-Secure, but it should have a way to add trusted apps to it. Have you tried adding Calibre as a trusted app?

Do you also have the Calibre server checked to start each time you start up Calibre? If so, did you really intend for that option? I use the feature, but I don't have a need to leave it on all the time. This alone could be the issue. The option is under Preferences, Sharing over the Net, uncheck the box for "Run server automatically when Calibre starts".
I had Cablibre running as a server but als tg semae I ahd also Calibre in the F-xesure list as a trusted program. Until I can sort this out I shall not the server function of Calibre.
TomvanWeerd is offline   Reply With Quote