Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #23011
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Good luck! I took the easy way out and did two at the same time just so I wouldn't have to go through it twice. It took an extra year, but it was worth it as I was allowed to combine my thesis to satisfy both.

Stitchawl
My path is not much different. My first Masters is a subset of the classes I need for my second master (well after moving the electives around in a smart manner at least) so guess I am cheating a little
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #23012
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Bancha in my cup. Pot number two, so cup number three. Six cups of Pu-erh earlier in the day.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #23013
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
VydorScope - good luck and I hope it passes quickly and easily.

Waiting for a fresh cup of coffee to brew. Chocolate Macadamia Nut.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #23014
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
It has been raining some new readers for the tea-drinkers!

Congratulations to all!

[Water]
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #23015
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
It has been raining some new readers for the tea-drinkers!

Congratulations to all!

[Water]
Yes, congrats to all! It was difficult to keep quiet about it these last few days, as I was very surprised I won.

Nothing in my cup. I am still at the hospital.
I do hope my mother in law gets some plaster for her broken wrist and arm, and then we can go home. But........a 'lucky ' fall for this 95- year old. Only an upperarm and wrist broken.....could have been far worse.
And......the hospital has free wifi....yeah.....

Last edited by desertblues; 01-14-2013 at 05:57 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #23016
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
And home again, late in the night. Plaster on the wrist of mother in law. Shoulder fracture has to heal by its own. She is a though old lady, but has bones like an eggshell, these days.

In my cup: cold coffee. Didn't realise it was night.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #23017
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congrats to all who won!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #23018
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Good morning, all! Keemun tea and nan with za'atar for a quick breakfast today, then off to do chores!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I decided I didn't want to work and went straight into a PhD program. Hard work but a good amount of fun and learning took place.
It was a lot of fun, in the long run. Especially as an adult. I got kicked out of three colleges in a row right after high school, and needed a war plus another 10 years to grow up, but going back to school as an adult was delightful! I couldn't get enough of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
My path is not much different. My first Masters is a subset of the classes I need for my second master (well after moving the electives around in a smart manner at least) so guess I am cheating a little
Basically, my two Masters overlapped each other as well, which is why it only took another one year to complete. I did an MBA and an MPA, so only those classes specific to each were needed, while the classes that were supportive didn't need to be re-done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Yes, congrats to all! It was difficult to keep quiet about it these last few days, as I was very surprised I won.
I too was quite surprised, and pleased! Actually, my wife was pleased too as it means I'll give her back her e-reader when my new one arrives. A day without an e-reader is like a day without sunshine.

One more cup of Keemun tea and then out to greet the day!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:55 AM   #23019
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congratulations! It was really hard to not say anything.

Fresh hot coffee in my cup, as it is freezing outside and the heater is trying to warm it up inside. My fingers are still cold, as my mittens didn't do such a great job keeping my fingers warm tonight.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:10 AM   #23020
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Fresh hot coffee in my cup, as it is freezing outside and the heater is trying to warm it up inside. My fingers are still cold, as my mittens didn't do such a great job keeping my fingers warm tonight.
Can you buy the disposable hand warmers in your area. They are cheap as dirt here, and sold in convenience stores, train platforms, supermarkets, etc., in all different sizes. We can get little ones that will fit inside your shoes or gloves, big ones (the size of a paperback book) with adhesive on one side to stick on the back of your shirt, and sizes in between, and can even buy them based on how long they will continue to heat; from 8 hours to 14 hours! A pack of 10 pair of shoe sized heaters that last 10 hours costs about $3-$4

I liked my Keemun tea so much this morning I decided to have more as my afternoon tea! I love it!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:21 AM   #23021
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I do have some of those (I used them all the time where we use to live), but didn't have them today. I also didn't have my thicker gloves and only had my mittens. I usually keep the warmers in the car, but, of course, I hadn't put them back in when I cleaned the car out and took my emergency bag inside to check supplies. Time to get that back in the car...
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 AM   #23022
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Congratulations on your win, Stitchawl!

Iced water in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #23023
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Congratulations on your win, Stitchawl!

Iced water in my cup.
Thanks. I love the timing of it all! I'll be very happy to play with my new toy. I'm glad to see so many familiar names among the winners too!

Stitchawl
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #23024
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Congrats to all the winners among us!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #23025
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

A Green Pu-Erh in my cup. When I did my restock U went with all cooked Pu-Erh's. I might have to rectify that when this one runs out...

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?