Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
JicMic
Enthusiast
JicMic began at the beginning.

Device: none
Apple iPad 64gb

Hi,

Bought my iPad the day it came out at Best Buy (woke up at 7:00 to get it). I've taken it out of the box and played with it, but other than that the iPad is in ideal condition.

Here's what included:
-Box
-All contents of box(charger, usb cable, manual)
-iPad
-Apple iPad Folio Case (39$), also comes with the box
-All Best Buy Receipts

I'm willing to really ship any where, just let me know where you live and I'll look up the cost. Paypal is the preferred method of payment.

Will update with pictures shortly. Mean time, please express any interest.

Edit: Oh yeah, I can overnight if you'd like to get it fast. Again just let me know where you live and I will take care of that.

Last edited by JicMic; 04-06-2010 at 06:08 AM.
JicMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Why don't you just return it to Best Buy?
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
Why don't you just return it to Best Buy?
Good question
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
How much are you asking for it?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Return it, you'll get back more than trying to sell it.

I'm returning the iPad I got for my wife and I just have to pay a $70 fee since the package is open. I'm pretty sure that's a better deal than trying to sell it and deal with all the hassle of packing and shipping and I'd probably get the same, or less, back.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
It only lacked the "European buyers only" label to be more obvious Since the devices will indeed be more expensive in Europe, he's trying to sell the iPad for a profit.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
It only lacked the "European buyers only" label to be more obvious Since the devices will indeed be more expensive in Europe, he's trying to sell the iPad for a profit.
I wasn't aware that European prices had been announced yet. The UK Apple site simply says "Available late April". Do you have a link to the prices?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In Germany at least, the basic model ought to cost 499 euro (link in German), around S668 with current exchange rates. The same model in the US is costing 499 dollar.

However, I wouldn't like to hijack this thread, as I contributed to derailing another one in the Flea Market recently.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
In Norway a business entrepreneur has started importing iPads from the U.S and are selling them at a price surge of 142%. Good luck with that. He's actually confident that he will manage to sell them at this considerably higher price.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #10
JicMic
Enthusiast

Is anyone actually interested. Yes I am looking to make a little profit, and Best Buy charges a 10% restocking fee. Really, I just want to make back the price of the case and stores tax and I'd sell it. Can't post flickr photostream for some reason, so if you're truly interested send a pm.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:21 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"Profiteering" is very, very strongly frowned upon by most of our members. I don't think you're going to have much success here. If the only reason you bought the iPad was to "make a fast buck", you've come to the wrong place to do it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:14 AM   #12
Logseman
Orisa

Personally I don't disapprove it in the slightest. In fact, I wish you good luck, JicMic. There is a short paper by Friedrich von Hayek, called "The role of knowledge in society" which enlightens what he or she is doing.

Quote:
The shipper who earns his living from using otherwise empty or half-filled journeys of tramp-steamers, or the estate agent whose whole knowledge is almost exclusively one of temporary opportunities, or the arbitrageur who gains from local differences of commodity prices-- are all performing eminently useful functions based on special knowledge of circumstances of the fleeting moment not known to others.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #13
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Personally I don't disapprove it in the slightest. In fact, I wish you good luck, JicMic. There is a short paper by Friedrich von Hayek, called "The role of knowledge in society" which enlightens what he or she is doing.
Would that be Hayek the apologist for global capitalism - an advocate of unfettered markets of the kind that we are all currently suffering the consequences of?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #14
Logseman
Orisa

Hayek didn't defend unfettered markets. Nor are we suffering the consequences of them, as it actually comes to be that the State as a whole, regardless of names and flags, hampers or outright forbids any other alternative to the current banking, monetary and labor market model. Were markets unfettered, there'd be competition. Were markets unfettered, tariffs would be a sad souvenir from a wretched past and not an up-to-date situation which starves millions. However, I've said I would try not to hijack this thread. A discussion can be lead either privately or in another thread, in a more fitting subforum.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:12 AM   #15
JicMic
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"Profiteering" is very, very strongly frowned upon by most of our members. I don't think you're going to have much success here. If the only reason you bought the iPad was to "make a fast buck", you've come to the wrong place to do it.
Only reason I am selling it instead of returning it, is because of the the 10% restocking fee, and sales tax and the cost of the case. That's all I am trying to make back. My original intention was to keep the device, but it's just not for me.