Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Covers/Metadata from LIBPRS500 or after a file's been LRF'd

I've been using libprs500 quite a bit, but then found out I couldn't use both it and sony connect to sync to the device.

As a result, all my beautifully covered books are now gone and I'm stuck with coverless versions instead. Is there a way to transfer the cover over? Or a program that can edit an LRF file once it's been made into one and add a cover (or alter ANY of the metadata, for that matter)?

Thanks!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
lrf-meta.exe
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Ah, didn't realize lbrprs500 also had different commandline programs as well... Thanks!

-
UPDATE: Works great, thanks!!!

Last edited by Gideon; 01-22-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man
RandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook color, prs 505, Axim x30, psp, Acer Aspire One [running xp]
Can you tell me what command you are using. I've been trying to add covers to some of my books that are already lrf and haven't figured it out. I fired up the command prompt and lrf-meta.exe. It shows the different commands available, but I'm not sure exactly which one to use to accomplish what you did. Thanks for any info.
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:10 AM   #5
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man
RandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enoughRandallFlagg will become famous soon enough

I don't know if I can pm a user, so I'll bump this in hopes of Gideon seeing it.
Advert
Old 01-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #6
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

I'll take a look at it for you tomorrow... Being sick I'm not around my Mac that has a windows install and I use it for that sort of thing. But I'll be happy to look.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man

Thanks and I hope you feel better soon.......waiting patiently
Old 01-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

Okay... this is how you change the thumbnail.

I put everything (the lrf and the cover image) in the libprs500 folder.

Go to that directory from the command line and type the following

lrf-edit --thumbnail=<filename> <lrf>

so, for instane, if your image was called image.jpg and your lrf nytimes.lrf you'd have
lrf-edit --thumbnail=image.jpg nytimes.lrf

Hope this helps!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You don't need to put things in the libprs500 folder and the correct command is

Code:
lrf-meta.exe --thumbnail=filename myfile.lrf
And this will only change the thumbnail, not the cover.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:57 PM   #10
RandallFlagg
Hey Trashcan Man

Thanks to both of you for your help. I'm still trying to get it to work, but my windows machine can be a little much with 4 sata drives, 2 pata drives and sometimes 2 external drives on it. Is there any way to edit an .lrf file [ie remove/add pages] or does that have to be done on the original before converting it? Thank you again for the help and Kovid for the wonderful piece of software.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
lrf2lrs file.lrf

Edit the lrs

lrs2lrf file.lrs
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:24 AM   #12
shousa
Groupie
shousa doesn't littershousa doesn't littershousa doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
lrf2lrs file.lrf