Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (Kindle/Nook/Christianbook) Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half

Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half: Why Differences Make a Marriage Great by Rick Johnson is a relationship advice book, free courtesy of Christian publisher Baker's Revell imprint.

Currently free @ Amazon UK, will no doubt show up in the main store (linked for your pricedrop-check convenience), and possibly also elsewhere if it exists in their e-book catalogues, but only for a very brief time.

Now a repeat freebie, probably just for one day @ B&N (also UK), Amazon (new ASIN replaces the old Topaz, available to Canadians & in the UK), Kobo & iTunes & Google Play (all available to Canadians), & ChristianBook (ADE-DRM ePub available worldwide).

Description
It's no secret that men and women are different. And it's no secret that they don't always get along because of these differences, even when they love each other. But having a successful marriage is not about finding the perfect person to marry. It's about loving someone in an unselfish, Christlike manner.

Whatever we want out of marriage--unconditional love, forgiveness, passion--that is what we have to give to our spouse. Rick Johnson shows couples how to go beyond merely tolerating each other's differences to using those God-given differences to add spice and passion to their relationship.

Last edited by ATDrake; 03-27-2015 at 01:45 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Christianbook - http://www.christianbook.com/becomin...99EB?event=AAI

B&N - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/beco...=9781441207531
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now also free @ Sony (available to Canadians). For the next two hours, or so, I'd guess.

Apparently, not even that long. $0 in the store, $10 in the cart. Does Sony have some unpaid intern who takes long lunch hours price-change these things manually?

Last edited by ATDrake; 12-15-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: With the demise of Borders, Sony has regained its crown for worst app-based e-book shopping experience EVER.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

appears to be repeating in the Amazon UK store.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Repeat trifecta: Amazon, B&N and ChristianBook. Links above work.
Advert
Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard

Repeat freebie @ B&N, Christian Book, Amazon UK (likely to drop again in the main store). Maybe Sony will even get it for real this time around.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
ATDrake
Wizzard

Now also free @ Sony (available to Canadians).
Old 06-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer

bobble birds: 1
me: 0
Old 06-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #9
ATDrake
Wizzard

I've noticed that Sony's price-updating bobble-birds tend to allow a mere 4-hour window for most freebies from noon to 4pm PST, usually. Sometimes they're a bit more generous from 10am-6pm, but I've rarely been able to get a 1-day freebie after 5pm, no matter what the website price still says.

But now that's kind of a moot point since I can now pick these things up from the campus using the library computers or directly with my PRS-T1 instead of having to bring the netbook and go through the horrible Sony Reader app any more.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I've noticed that Sony's price-updating bobble-birds tend to allow a mere 4-hour window for most freebies from noon to 4pm PST, usually. Sometimes they're a bit more generous from 10am-6pm, but I've rarely been able to get a 1-day freebie after 5pm, no matter what the website price still says.

But now that's kind of a moot point since I can now pick these things up from the campus using the library computers or directly with my PRS-T1 instead of having to bring the netbook and go through the horrible Sony Reader app any more.
I'm not sure why I even keep trying with Sony (other than the very seldom seen Sony exclusive deals/freebies). I can get EPUB elsewhere (and sideload to my Sony Reader, when I do use it; I had all kinds of problems with it when new, just like with the Kobo and it's preloads, until a system wipe on it, so now only allow them to see Calibre and nothing else).
Old 06-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard

The challenge of outracing the bobble-birds? The sweet thrill of occasional success? Sheer stubborn perversity?

I just collect them all for completionist hoarding instinct's sake. I'm never going to read most if not all of these Baker freebies unless I occasionally skim a couple out of morbid curiosity. That actually applies to most of what shows up free, unofficially or not, in Deals anyway. I think I've got well under a 1% read store promo freebie ratio even for the publisher things in categories I actually am interested in.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:46 PM   #12
ATDrake
Wizzard

Now a repeat freebie in the original venues (new ASIN for Amazon; I think it replaces a Topaz), and additionally free @ Kobo & iTunes & Google Play.

Linkage edited into the OP, since it's been a while.

Tags
also google/itunes/kobo, expired freebie