Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Cool What's hanging from your Nook Color?

Hey, as long as they gave us these little charm holders, we might as well use 'em! Let's hear or see what's hanging from yours!

Here's mine ("I don't care, I'm still free... you can't take my books from me...")
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	serenity_fob.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	68508  
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I am curious. Do you find that the charm gets in the way of holding the NC comfortably? It seems like it might be an annoyance so I have never really considered one.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
I guess I am more of a practical person...
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #4
mariel9898
Connoisseur
mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.mariel9898 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Color, Droid 2 Global
Sorry no picture but I have a red stylus hanging from the audio jack. Not that it really works with a lot of apps but it does with Sudoku.
mariel9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
bluepen61
bluepen61 began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Bright blue tiny size dog collar with blue carabiner.

bluepen61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Swarovski crystals and the pewter Dragon charm that came with my Oberon Sky Dragon book cover

leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I am curious. Do you find that the charm gets in the way of holding the NC comfortably? It seems like it might be an annoyance so I have never really considered one.
It's not a big deal if you have something relatively small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leday View Post
Swarovski crystals and the pewter Dragon charm that came with my Oberon Sky Dragon book cover
Snazzy!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepen61 View Post
Bright blue tiny size dog collar with blue carabiner.
Dog collar! Of all the things I thought of to attach to my NC, that one didn't occur to me!
Old 03-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #9
michelle2011
michelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy bluemichelle2011 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook-Color, Nook Touch, Nook (semi)Tablet
@ Steven Lyle Jordan. Where did you get the charm you have on your nook?? Its Serenity from Firefly right???
michelle2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
@ Steven Lyle Jordan. Where did you get the charm you have on your nook?? Its Serenity from Firefly right???
Right! It's the Firefly Replica Keychain from Quantum Mechanix, and luckily for you, it's back in stock... order today!

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 03-19-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
wymore
Enthusiast
wymore began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Before reading this thread I had never even thought of hanging anything off mine, but now I'm thinking a lanyard like WS64's would be a good idea as my 3 year old son seems determined to knock it out of my hand.
wymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:19 AM   #12
Z_Man
Z_Man began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by leday View Post

Slight hijack; how do you like the Oberon cover? I'm considering getting one.
Z_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #13
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Man View Post
I absolutely love it. Well made, pockets included, beautiful, Very sturdy, very secure and it will last forever. It folds back easily and feels like a quality, leather-bound book in my hands.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #14
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymore View Post
Before reading this thread I had never even thought of hanging anything off mine, but now I'm thinking a lanyard like WS64's would be a good idea as my 3 year old son seems determined to knock it out of my hand.
Either that, or a hickory stick for his hand!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #15
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Man View Post
Love my Oberon covers and can't hype them enough! I have one for my NC and also one for my 950. You might want to check-out this thread for additional opinions and pictures.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=110143
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charms, fobs, nook color