Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
amethystmoon
amethystmoon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hey

Hey everyone

I am very glad to be here, I am excited to get some help, I am new to calibre and really dont know what I am doing. I am pleased to meet everyone.

Thanks
amethystmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Amethystmoon.

There are lots of friendly people here who would love to help.

You can post any specific questions here........let us know what your question is!

Also, enjoy the free books available here for you to download, and jump in on any conversation that interests you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi amethystmoon and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello amethystmoon and welcome to MobileRead. We're glad you've dropped in.

Although I've been using Calibre for a while, I can only do the basic things. I find myself totally confused by regular expressions, so I just use the defaults when I build books. Some day I plan to work my way through some of the instructions that various people have posted to the threads. I'd like to find a Dummies Guide to Calibre with a sequence of tutorials/exercises that take me step-by-step through some of the options so I can understand what it's really doing.

My point is -- even some of us who have been here for a while are challenged by Calibre, so don't worry about it. When you have a question, the guys who *do* understand it are terribly helpful!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Welcome to the forum!

Don't be shy about asking questions. Folks around here are always happy to help.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote