Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #16
mknepper
mknepper began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for these suggestions guys. Donna, you were right, the same id values were being used in multiple xhtml files. I edited them all so that they are unique across all files, and yet I still get the same error message: hyperlink not resolved, again at the first instance of .xhtml#chap01sect01.

I next looked at the thread ATDrake linked to, where a user suggested that the NCX file had to be in the same folder as the (x)html files. When I move the NCX into that folder and attempt to build, a prc file is generated, but with a few problems: MBPC reports the error that it could not access the NCX file and thus could not load a template file for parsing (because I didn't rename the NCX file's location in the OPF manifest), and when I view the mobi it looks, well, gross--for example, all the apostrophes turn into weird symbols (the letter a with an accent followed by Euro currency and trademark symbols--bizarre!). So I went into the OPF manifest and noted that the NCX file was in a different location (the folder with the xhtml files). When I go back into MBPC and again attempt to build.... I'm back to square one, hyperlink not resolved.

I'm starting to think that it comes down to xhtml vs. html files. I took one of the epubs and converted every xhtml document to html (a process I'd rather not have to repeat each time) and was able to successfully create the mobi/prc using MBPC. It's a solution that works, but isn't very satisfying. Still open for suggestions if anyone has additional ones... also, another shoutout into the great abyss, has anyone out there been able to ever use MBPC to convert from epub to mobi/prc using an epub built with xhtml? Just one successful instance would prove that that isn't the underlying problem here...

Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Actually, it can't be xhtml vs. html, because when I moved the NCX into the folder with the xhtml files (withOUT renaming its location in the manifest), MBPC builds a mobi file... it looks awful and doesn't have a table of contents, but it does build. So there's got to be some other solution to this hyperlink/anchor problem!

Last edited by mknepper; 01-28-2011 at 03:02 PM.
mknepper is offline   Reply With Quote