Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Amir_Niknam
Amir_Niknam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Unhappy Problem for using usbNetworking on Kindle 2.5.2 !

Hi,
I'm out side of US and for some reason i want to connect my Kindle 2.5.2 to internet. I have read many posts about this subject but i still can't do that.
I have been hacked my Kindle and then install usbnetwork_update.(I'm not sure i did it true or not). then I have followed this post. but when i connect my Kindle to my computer (7 or XP) although my computer determines it as usb adapter but when i want to start surfing web on Kindle it says you wireless is trun off and you should trun it on first!
Plaese help me to solve this It's very critical for me
Thank you.
Amir_Niknam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I don't use the USB Networking hack but I know it's been updated a few times. You can download thew latest version by clicking here. Also check out the beginning and end of NiLuJe's first post in the Kindle Developers forum here. I believe you now have to jailbreak your Kindle 2 to use the new version of the hack but it's best to ask NiLuJe.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I have absolutely no idea how tethering is supposed to work, or why it might not, but you're welcome to try a bit more up to date package of usbnetwork on the dev subforum, who knows.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Amir_Niknam
Amir_Niknam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Unfortunately when i install new usbnetwork hack my system doesn't determine that as usb adapter. I wish somebody explain more clear about install it.
Amir_Niknam is offline   Reply With Quote