Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #31
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Last month I was featured in a trio of interviews for VSI, an evolution-themed podcast that is funded by the National Science Foundation. The discussion was a lot of fun, especially because I got to branch out and talk about stuff that wasn't writing-related.

Episode 44: Nancy Fulda, Hugo Nominee
Episode 45: Nancy Fulda on Evolving Robots and Kids
Episode 46: Nancy Fulda on Writing with Words

In other news, I've got a story scheduled to appear in Beneath Ceaseless Skies near the middle of October. At about the same time, the German translation of Movement will appear in the first print edition of NOVA.

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 10-07-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #32
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm pleased to announce that my space colonist culture clash story, "A Soaring Pillar of Brightness", has sold to Bryan Thomas Schmidt's BEYOND THE SUN anthology, to be published by Fairwood Press this July. Other authors in the book include Mike Resnick, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Jason Sanford, Nancy Kress, and Robert Silverberg.

Also of note: A small film company in India has purchased movie rights to "Movement". It will be only a short film, intended for film festivals, so no Hollywood glamor attached. But hey. Film rights!

On the Hugo/Nebula front, suspect I won't have anything on the ballot this year. My most likely candidate is Godshift, primarily because it deals with a premise I haven't seen done before. It's not as strong emotionally as "Movement", though, and may not appeal as well to readers. But never fear. "Recollection", which sold last week to an upcoming TOR anthology edited by Eric Choi and Ben Bova, is scheduled for publication this year. And THAT one is a worthy successor to "Movement" in every way.

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 01-29-2013 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Dang typos. Arrrrgh!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #33
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
All excellent news Nancy! Thanks for the update! Congratulations and good luck!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #34
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Thank you, Kenny. 2013 is shaping up to be a very exciting year.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #35
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
Thank you, Kenny. 2013 is shaping up to be a very exciting year.
Excellent! Sure sounds like it. Wish I could say the same but perhaps when it's all over I will.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:35 AM   #36
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Any chance of a full-length getting a look-in in 2013?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 AM   #37
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Way to go!

frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #38
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Any chance of a full-length getting a look-in in 2013?
It's on the plan. Of course, my plans are about as reliable as a horse with a taser stuck to its rump...
Old 01-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #39
kennyc

Quote:
It's on the plan. Of course, my plans are about as reliable as a horse with a taser stuck to its rump...
Well at least we're in sync there.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #40
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

I’m pleased to announce that I’ve contracted with Deorc Enterprise to write one or more video game tie-in stories set in the Dark Expanse universe. Publication will, of course, be contingent on final acceptance of the stories by Deorc.

Dark Expanse© is a free-to-play, real-time, massively multi-player online strategy game of galactic conquest. The stories will be sweeping space opera replete with aliens, smugglers, political scheming, and the occasional explosion.

For those concerned that this new gig will slow down progress on the novel, never fear! I have budgeted novel-only writing time into my schedule. I'm going to finish this year. Really.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #41
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I’m pleased to announce that I’ve contracted with Deorc Enterprise to write one or more video game tie-in stories set in the Dark Expanse universe. Publication will, of course, be contingent on final acceptance of the stories by Deorc.

Dark Expanse© is a free-to-play, real-time, massively multi-player online strategy game of galactic conquest. The stories will be sweeping space opera replete with aliens, smugglers, political scheming, and the occasional explosion.
Ooooh! Although I avoid tie-in stories most of the time, I don't think I could resist giving this a try if it goes ahead.

And yes - a novel this year would be excellent.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #42
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Congratulations!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:03 AM   #43
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

First Dark Expanse tie-in story is up.

Be warned: This is more of a prelude than a complete story arc, but it does include an unexpected and very intriguing (to me) insight about genetics a few paragraphs from the end. Also, the Dark Expanse folks let me invent a number of cool racial characteristics for the Chitters.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #44
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Ok, so I've been a total hermit lately, but at least my lack of social life is counterbalanced by happy publishing news.

A Starscape Slightly Askew, originally published in the Writing for Charity anthology, is now available in kindle format*. This was intended as a standalone story, but I found the narrative style so delightful and the relationship between the sisters so intriguing that I've decided to come back to it. I'm working on a second story from Kittyhawk's point of view, with adventures from the perspectives of Raven and Sparrow to follow.

The Twelve Tomorrows and Beyond the Sun anthologies have hit the market, both with an ebook option. The author lists on these books are pretty impressive, so they'd be worth checking out even without my contributions.

Still on track to complete the novel this year. Everybody cross your fingers that I can finish revisions and entice my dream agent to read the manuscript. This is the year. This is the year. THIS IS THE YEAR!

Aaaaaand... another Dark Expanse story: Castles in the Sky is now live on the game's web site, integrated into the info packet on Galactic History. A rollicking space opera featuring a distraught sixteen-year-old who has been evicted from her alien foster family, the story is freely available to anyone with a web browser. Deception, betrayal and ray gun battles abound.

*Astute readers will note that some of my fiction is now appearing under the slightly modified byline of N. Ellen Fulda. This is a branding decision to help separate my serious, scientifically stringent stories from the more lighthearted and adventurous stuff.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Congratulations on your publishing news!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote