Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
racsw
racsw began at the beginning.

Device: Nook standard
How to associate file number with title?

Hello,
I've seen others having this problem in the B&N forums, and now I need to get an answer myself.
When you open up Explorer, all you see is a 13 digit number, same with Calibre.
Calibre doesn't associate that number with a title, which can get confusing when you're moving files around.
How do I associate a particular number with it's title?

Thanks,
Robert
racsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by racsw View Post
Hello,
I've seen others having this problem in the B&N forums, and now I need to get an answer myself.
When you open up Explorer, all you see is a 13 digit number, same with Calibre.
Calibre doesn't associate that number with a title, which can get confusing when you're moving files around.
How do I associate a particular number with it's title?

Thanks,
Robert
1) Calibre does not use the ISBN-13 for storing books

2) You do not want to be moving books around behind Calibre's back, once you have given it the duties of maintaining your library

Lost books, GIGO, Chaos

Calibre is quite capable of delivering A COPY to any device (or drive) from the GUI.
No messing under the skirts.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
racsw

Sorry, I found the answer to this.

Robert
Old 01-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
racsw

You have the wrong idea here. I'm not moving books from where Caliber stores them.
I use another piece of software to remove the DRM from these books, so before I put them into the Calibre library, I have to do this chore which involves trying to figure out which title goes with what number and i have to keep them in separate folders so I don't get books with the DRM mixed in with the books without the DRM. I would simply change the number to a title in the file name, but now I know that this number is actually the ISBN number, so I won't do that.

Thanks for your reply though. I did donate to the author via PayPal tonight because it's a nice solid piece of software. I was comparing it to the Adobe Digital Editions, but that software is extremely limited, especially compared to Calibre.

I can't figure out where to install the ISBNdb.com access key, but that's anther thread.

Thanks again.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by racsw View Post
You have the wrong idea here. I'm not moving books from where Caliber stores them.
I use another piece of software to remove the DRM from these books, so before I put them into the Calibre library, I have to do this chore which involves trying to figure out which title goes with what number and i have to keep them in separate folders so I don't get books with the DRM mixed in with the books without the DRM. I would simply change the number to a title in the file name, but now I know that this number is actually the ISBN number, so I won't do that.

Thanks for your reply though. I did donate to the author via PayPal tonight because it's a nice solid piece of software. I was comparing it to the Adobe Digital Editions, but that software is extremely limited, especially compared to Calibre.

I can't figure out where to install the ISBNdb.com access key, but that's anther thread.

Thanks again.
Well if you google for apprentice Alf you can get plugins for calibre that should help with drm. More than that I can't say as we are not allowed to talk about in the forum
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert