Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
Corey Lee Wilson
Corey Lee Wilson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Fixing problems for Ingram Spark

Hello, I'm a self-publisher in need of help fixing 4 lines of html code issues in order for me to upload epub book to IngramSpark. I have taken a screenshot of the run check page for this book on Calibre and another screenshot of the 4 html issues on my IngramSpark book creation page. Is there anyone out there that can help me? I'm willing to pay for what I'm hoping for ito a smart html coder is a quick fix, provided the rate and time to do so is "reasonable." If acceptable and we come to an agreement we could set up the project on UpWork and I would need services rendered very quickly, within 24 hours. I plan to publish 50 books over the span of this decade, so I might need additional services, we'll see. FYI: My first book conversion last month had no issues and this new book is my second attempt.
Corey Lee Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 11:45 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
See BookNook.biz

I've no connection, but the boss posts very knowledgeably here.

I've never had HTML issues. But I only edit HTML and CSS in books from elsewhere for my own reading. I don't edit any HTML or CSS in books we produce. Either MS Word or LibreOffice Writer (depending on author), a save as docx and conversion with Calibre.
Depends on headings, styles, anchors, images and fonts etc all being totally sensible for ebooks. Tablet Page Profile.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #3
Corey Lee Wilson
Corey Lee Wilson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for responding and trying to help and my apologies for the late response as I had a difficult time trying to retrieve your message in this forum portal. I'm trying to reach Kovid Goyal with this issue but I've had no success with that either.
Corey Lee Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 09:54 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Lee Wilson View Post
Thanks for responding and trying to help and my apologies for the late response as I had a difficult time trying to retrieve your message in this forum portal. I'm trying to reach Kovid Goyal with this issue but I've had no success with that either.
Well, as far as I know, Kovid doesn't take coding jobs. My company (Booknook.biz) typically does not take fixer-upper jobs, especially if the ePUB that needs fixing was created via an automagic converter, like Calibre, Smashwords' MeatGrinder (which is the Calibre API), Draft2Digital, etc. (As using auto-magic converters tends to lead to naming conventions for elements that take 10x as long as it ought to figure out what the problems are.)

However, if you want to send me the file (use the contact form on my website, see below) and tell me what it is you think you're having an issue with, I'll take a look. If it's a nothingburger and we can fix it in 5 minutes, I won't charge you.

A "smart HTML coder" likely won't be any use to you. The HTML used for websites has nothing whatsoever to do with legitimate eBook coding. eBook HTML is a subset of what is largely older HTML (for some devices, HTML 3.2; some are HTML 4.0 and some have SOME HTML 5 coding, but not many). If the person hired doesn't know eBooks, you'll likely throw your money away and cause more problems.

You may also need to tell the person doing the "fixing" exactly what vendors you're planning on distributing to--as that can play into it, too. It's possible--not necessarily likely, but possible--that your "4 HTML issues" and how you've formed your perception of "reasonable" could be a lot more complicated than you know.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote