Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
You CAN delete Apps from your Amazon list! :)

I just spotted this in the Amazon help section:

Quote:
How can I delete an app from the My Apps list?

Visit Your Apps from a web browser. Select "Delete this app" from the "Actions..." drop down menu to the right of the app you'd like to delete. Confirm you'd like to delete the app and your app will be removed from the My Apps list on all Android devices registered to your account. If the app has been downloaded to a device, it will have to be manually uninstalled.
I know I'm not the only one with a long list of Apps to scroll through! -- I have a love/hate relationship with their Free App of the Day program!

Still loving my eDGes!!

Last edited by Filark; 07-21-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Thanks for the info, Filark! I know what you mean about the Free App of the Day. I often "Save" the current app without installing it, "just in case". It wasn't on my eDGe, but when another of my Android devices mysteriously started running out of app space, I eventually noticed that the Amazon Appstore app had swollen to 68MB! It seems to store some data in the app partition (why??) I cleared the app's cache and data and reclaimed tons of space. Whew!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #3
Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: googgle ads
Thanx for the information.. I am also the free apps freak,, I'l take atleast 2-3 apps which are free in a day...
The information is quite useful for me.
Nick Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:13 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Ah ! I wish google would take that as an example!
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I cannot get this to work. I deleted a bunch of apps via PC browser, but they all still show-up in Amazon AppStore/MyAccount on both PEs. Second try from PC but there were only a couple left that I wanted to delete as the previously deleted ones were not there to re-delete; still the original long list on both PEs. Tried deleting a couple more directly from my PE browser but the AppStore is still listing every app I've ever installed (most of which were uninstalled almost immediately).

Any thoughts? Filark?
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #6
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Eeeek! I didn't try it, couldn't decide which apps I for sure would never want.

Have you shut down your PE after? Could it be local phantom storage??

I can see I will have to experiment! Sorry CharlieBird, I thought it looked fool-proof -- more fool me, eh?

Edit: Okay, I tried it. Deleted an app using my PC, then went to the Amazon App Store on my PE. As you said, the app was there in my list when I first pulled it up. However, after I hit Refresh at the top of the My Apps page (and waited for the spinning to stop -- took a long time!) the app was gone from my list. Whew!

Last edited by Filark; 08-06-2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Result of experiment. ;)
Old 08-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Edit: Okay, I tried it. Deleted an app using my PC, then went to the Amazon App Store on my PE. As you said, the app was there in my list when I first pulled it up. However, after I hit Refresh at the top of the My Apps page (and waited for the spinning to stop -- took a long time!) the app was gone from my list. Whew!

Just noticed your edit, Filark. Refresh just spins around saying "checking for new apps" and upon stopping the same "deleted" ones are still listed. Had a thought though, may be it has to do w/the fact I'm running an old version (1.15) of the Appstore app. Which version do you have installed? I remember some months back installing the new version and hating it and reverting to the previous version.

In truth, the whole problem is negligible because I seldom visit Amazon's store and seldom install a new app from any of them. Pretty content w/what I have. Still, always trying most everything folks here are posting about. Thx, Filark.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #8
Filark

Could be the version. I have 2 point something.

I hardly ever install new apps, but I keep collecting them . . . just in case!
Old 08-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Installing the update of the Appstore app I recalled one of the things that irritated me about it—it's huge! 8.6M compared to 1.3M for ver. 1.5. It's bigger than the Mantano Reader!

Anyway I did get the deleted apps to vanish w/the refresh key. Thanks again, Filark.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:07 AM   #10
Filark

Tags
amazon, apps