Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Power when overseas?

Was hoping there was some smart electronic people here that could answer my question.

When I travel to Europe (which I do a lot since I'm danish but living in Canada) would there be any issues with charging the Vox? The AC plugun says:

Input 100-240V - 50-60Hz
0.3A 23-32VA

In Denmark the outlets are: (source http://www.kropla.com/electric2.htm)
Denmark 230 V 50 Hz

I assume this should work, after I get and adapter to make it fit into the danish style outlets of course?
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Yep, should be fine with plug end adapter.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks robko.

Im going to Denmark in a couple of weeks, will let people here know if there is any issues.

I have also noticed that on the charger you can detach the "plugin" part itself, any chance you would be able to buy one that fits other countries like you can on apple products?
Old 10-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
trek790
Enthusiast
trek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheese

I would suggest finding out who makes the charger and seeing if you can get a hold of the other parts by doing a Google search.

That is what I did for a Seagate USB external drive whose charger has a detachable prong. I found the other prongs but have yet to order them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknirvana View Post
I have also noticed that on the charger you can detach the "plugin" part itself, any chance you would be able to buy one that fits other countries like you can on apple products?
trek790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
blacknirvana
Connoisseur

Thanks Ill try that it would just be much easier than a adaptor
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
trek790
Enthusiast
trek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheese

Alternatively, just email Kobo and see if they can direct you to a source.
trek790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You might be able to find one that fits, but chances are it'll be more expensive than a regular adapter (which costs what, 50 cents apiece?)... so it might not be worth the effort to even go looking for one.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #8
blacknirvana
Connoisseur

Update

I an now in Denmark (Europe) and have charged my Vox without problems several times, used an adaptor of course.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:09 AM   #9
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
I'm so happy that they finally get these 110V-220V compatible chargers. I remember the times when we had to lug these heavy converters around.
Sadly, they don't always have those changeable plugs.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote