Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
awj
awj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Pointing Calibre at an OPDS/COPS library

I have a Synology NAS onto which I've just moved my ebook library. Specifically, I've installed COPS (I believe this is an implementation of Calibre2OPDS).

I can browse the COPS library via a browser.

Inside Calibre I can switch to using the library at, for example, 192.168.1.5/web/calibre/Data/.

But when I try to make this more universal and point Calibre towards [my-name].synology.me/web/calibre/Data/ I get a message from Calibre saying that there's no library at this location.

The same goes for
[my-name].synology.me/calibre/Data/
[my-name].synology.me/calibre/

Can anyone tell me what I might have missed?

And for what it's worth, I can access
[my-name].synology.me
so I know that the NAS is publicly reachable.
awj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See the FAQ answer http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....rked-drive-nas
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
awj
awj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hmmm... ok, it looks like my plan isn't so easily achievable.

Another idea is to install the Linux flavour of Calibre on my NAS, then set up the content server. However, I'm not sure that Calibre could run on the Marvell Kirkwood CPU that my NAS has, and I'm not sure how I could set up the content server and library using the command line.

So that idea's probably down the pan.
awj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by awj View Post
I have a Synology NAS onto which I've just moved my ebook library. Specifically, I've installed COPS (I believe this is an implementation of Calibre2OPDS
It is a competing product that provides an OPDS catalog in a different way.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote