Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #1
Narga
Narga began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Convert to clean EPUB

I've converted some ebook formats to EPUB but the output file had a ton of div and br tags.
How can I convert other ebook formats to clean EPUB with only p tag then I customize it as I want
Narga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narga View Post
I've converted some ebook formats to EPUB but the output file had a ton of div and br tags.
How can I convert other ebook formats to clean EPUB with only p tag then I customize it as I want
I am not expert on this, but the converted epub is based on the formatting of the source file. You either have to clean up the source file before converting it or use something like Sigil to clean up the epub after the conversion.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I will agree
GIGO

Just so I am thinking clearly:

Each Paragraph ends in a <BR /> instead of a </DIV>
Return the book and ask to have it replaced with a professionally formatted copy or for your money back.

There are 2 schools. Both work:
<P tag paragraphs
<DIV tag Paragraphs

I prefer the <P as a Normal Paragraph
I ONLY use <BR to force an additional line: 'right there' (instead of the normal flow)

I mostly use <DIV as special effects container

BTW correcting the use of BR is fairly trivial with Sigil and a simple REGEX (in Code View)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:24 AM   #4
Narga
Narga began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
I've converted it to txt then convert it again to epub
Narga is offline   Reply With Quote