Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
Erik_Engren
Erik_Engren began at the beginning.

Device: iPad2
iBooks 2.1 - turn off anti-aliasing?

The updated version and its support for the new iPad Retina Display makes the text in my "fixed layout" e-books look soft and fuzzy.

It would be nice if that "feature" could be turned off in settings - until you upgrade to the new thing (i.e The iPad Formerly Known as iPad 3...)
Erik_Engren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik_Engren View Post
The updated version and its support for the new iPad Retina Display makes the text in my "fixed layout" e-books look soft and fuzzy.

It would be nice if that "feature" could be turned off in settings - until you upgrade to the new thing (i.e The iPad Formerly Known as iPad 3...)
Wonder whats happened there. Its OK on my iPhone :-/
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
lemurMonkey
lemurMonkey began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1st Gen
iBooks 2.1 update makes fixed layout books blurry

I also notice the same for fixed-layout eBooks. The books I notice the blurry on most are when my viewport is larger than the iPad screen (1024x768), but I've intentionally made my eBooks larger anticipating the new iPad screen resolution, and my new iPad should arrive as soon Apple gets it to me, so I'll update this post with HD iPad results.

As mentioned before it looks fine on my iPhone4 also, probably because of the ppi on the iPhone (4 or better) display at 326, vs my 1st get iPad at 132. They say the 'new' iPad is rated at 264, so not quite as sharp as the iPhone4, so we'll see how iBooks behaves.

I did notice iBooks open books up faster(on my clunky first gen iPad), and page turns seem faster, but my books still look like crap with the new blurry rendering engine.
lemurMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.1, fixed layout, ibooks