Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-28-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Nakaleen
Enthusiast
Nakaleen has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch / Kindle DX (damaged screen)
What limitations on sideloaded books?

I am about to order the Kobo Touch, but there is one thing I am wondering about. My ePub collection on the Kobo will be about 99.9999999999999% sideloaded (including many cbz).

Seeing a post about the highlight/dictionary not working on sideloaded books, I was wondering what alse doesn't work on sideloaded books. Things like the achievements/Reading Life aspect, or anything thing alse that won't work on non-kobo books?

If the achievements/Reading life works on sideloaded books I will get the Kobo right now. If not I have to fall back to deciding on the Kindle/Nook Touch/Sony
Nakaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
porphyra
porphyra began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless, Kobo Touch
Actually achievements/sharing status on facebook work on side loaded books. As does dictionary. Highlight still doesn't work on Side load. I haven't bothered with other parts of Reading life as yet (such as sharing passages etc.). However, if highlight is not allowed, then I am not sure if this will work.
porphyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Highlighting of sideloaded books is definitely coming--which will then make posting the passages to Facebook etc possible as well.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Nakaleen
Enthusiast
Nakaleen has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch / Kindle DX (damaged screen)
Placed and order for a Kobo Touch (to Australia) from Borders.com, I hope it is sent. I am so sick of my Nook Classic with its (finger quote) 2 week battery life (another finger quote)
Nakaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
TedJ
Groupie
TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TedJ has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Touch
Is Nakaleen a reference to Babylon 5, by any chance?
TedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert