Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #46
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
PRS 350 - for books
PRS 950 - for newspapers
iPad - for magazines and PDFs

I carry a briefcase usually at work and all three are in there. When I travel I usually leave the 350 at home - don't need both ereaders with me and the 950 gets my newspapers delivered. But I really like the 350, not as much for portability, as for the ability to hold it with one hand in bed.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #47
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Kindle 3 for reading, Archos 70T for watching films and TV programmes.......and playing Alchemy (boy that app is addictive)
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #48
Danielle
Enthusiast
Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.Danielle can eat soup with a fork.

Device: sony 950, eReader from eBookwise.com (sold)
I have a Sony 950 for ebooks and an iPad for all the reading apps.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #49
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
No e-reader yet (waiting for it to be shipped) and an iPhone 3G. I don't need a tablet because between my iPhone and my MacBook, there is no 'gap' to be filled. I'd also rather spend time reading books on my phone on public transport than to play games.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #50
johnnyok
johnnyok began at the beginning.

Device: nook touch
Nook str and ipad 2......just getting into e-ink....use ipad 2 for everything but reading outside.....
johnnyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 10:56 AM   #51
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Ectaco jetBook Lite for books/novels and The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer for .pdf and
magazines.

The JBL for its form factor (it's pocketable) and because it runs on user replaceable AA
rechargeable batteries (no wait for an internal battery to recharge).

The Eee Pad is a fingerpaint OS toy and video player, as well as a reading device. As to
its reading functions, it is great for magazines with their color images and with its WiFi
connection many magazines become interactive with active links in ads and articles.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #52
ninadb
ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ninadb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen 6.8,Kindle PW-1,Kindle KB wifi, Ipad 10.2-wifi
Just bought Kindle 3 in March 2011 after lot of deliberation. After reading this thread seems Sony readers are very popular. Sadly they are not available locally in India.
Also using ipod 4G with Stanza to read some books but find it difficult as it strains my eyes
ninadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninadb View Post
Also using ipod 4G with Stanza to read some books but find it difficult as it strains my eyes
I don't bother reading on mine either, because of its size and backlit display. I mostly use it for streaming music and listening to audiobooks.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #54
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
iPad2 for my comics, magazines, catalogues and TPBs and Kindle3 for books without images (note: backup is a Kobo).
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #55
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Ipad 2/Kobo touch FTW
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #56
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Pocketbook 360° Plus and iPad1.

Love 'em both! Best two gadgets I ever bought.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #57
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Irex 800 for reading books and newspapers on the road, Windows tablet for reading newspapers and streaming videos.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 PM   #58
Fiacha
Enthusiast
Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Fiacha has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo H20, Nook Glowlight 3
Sony 505 / Eken M009S
Sony for reading.
Eken (Cheap Chinese Tablet), theoretically, for reading in bed with the lights out and games. I wanted it for email/calendar but the WiFi doesn't connect, so it is a toy.
Fiacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #59
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
[QUOTE=jocampo;1631472]Just for fun ... let us know what is your eink reader / tablet combo. Only rule: mention two devices only, one eink and the other one a tablet.[QUOTE]

Well, you may be one of those narrowminded uptight monogomous relationship types, but me, I got Big Love:

KDX+K3+iPhone+iPad

Naturally, things get a little complicated, but we do have some interesting reading sessions. For instance, I'm reading The Pale King. Anyone familiar with David Foster Wallace will understand why the book is on the K3, and the footnotes on the iPhone.

Sometimes, I read on my KDX while my iPad provides me with musical background. It gets a little kinky because the music is routed by my iPad through my stereo system via Apple TV. But hey, what happens between two consenting reading devices in the privacy of their own reading room is nobody else's business!

In point of fact, a lot of our...er...Reading Life is instigated by the tablet side of the equation, ie., the iPhone/iPad, who tend to be more openminded and willing to try new things. On those devices, I have a newsreader (Reeder) and Flipbook, as well as Safari. I use these three programs to find reading material to feed my Kindles via Instapaper, Readability, and KlipIt. So the action kind of moves around...

Occasionally (don't tell the others) I do slip off for a little one on one hanky panky with my iPhone, reading a book on the Kindle App or an article or three on Read It Later.

And when we decide to swing, well! There's a neat little iMac we know, and she knows a couple of Sonys who have studied the CalibreSutra and the three of them like to talk DRM stripping, which turns everyone on.

That iMac also likes to do PDF with the iPad (Goodreader) and the KDX. The others don't swing that way, but they are nonjudgmental so nobody feels hurt.

So. Two devices only? Son, you haven't LIVED!

Last edited by Harmon; 07-01-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #60
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Sony PRS-300 (for gathering dust)
Nook Color running CM7 (for daily use)
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote