Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
nzimas
Edge User

Question how to link text in e-reader to online resources on the tablet?

Started to play with the big sized Edge yesterday. So far so good, except for some procedures I am trying to sort out.
Highlighting text on the e-reader and then triggering a search on whatever engine or scope I choose is fairly simple. What I can't figure is how to link text to, say, a wikipedia article or any other resource related to that text.

Guidance is much appreciated.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
dontpanic
Edge User

Hi Nzimas,

What you want to do is push the Menu button when you are looking at the web page you want to attach. A menu will pop up below. Choose "attach" from the menu at the bottom of the tablet screen. In a second or two you can tap a word in your book to anchor that web link to it in the book.

Good luck!

DP

Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
nzimas
Edge User

Must be missing something here.
I've picked the "Attach this page to book" option, just as suggested, then highlighted a word on the e-reader. I've noticed that on the top of the book page a the attach icon shows up, so I clicked it. Now on the roght margin of the line where the highlighted word is, a little globe displays. When tapped with the stylus, the tablet gives me a prompt with the URL of the attached web page. Clicking on that URL leads me nowhere, though. The browser does nothing.
Completely puzzled at this point.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Old 11-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
Dr. T
Edge User

On my EE, when I select the attach to book function in the browser, a notice on the top of the ebook appears. It says to either select the text or click that notification bar to cancel. Could you accidentally be canceling the operation? That is, what happens if, after selecting the function in the browser, you just highlight the text on the book? I hope that made sense...