Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Oberon K4NT cover

So I took a chance based on the T3's dimensions being close to the Kindle 4NT and picked up a case while I was ordering my ManThing's Christmas present from Oberon. The fit is good, and the cover is gorgeous - even better looking in person than on the website, and the feel of it is wonderful.

My T3 is in the case without its backplate, but I don't imagine a plate would add enough bulk to significantly affect the fit.

The bottom straps fit good and snug without being tight, and while the on/off button is partially covered it is easily operated either through the leather strap, or nudged with a thumb. The top right corner bungee and the bottom straps hold the T3 immobile - you can see in the attached shot that it does overlap a corner by a hair or two, about where a bookmark fold shows.

If I was having another made, I'd definitely ask Oberon to put bungees on both upper corners. The top left strap is too long, and doesn't do much to secure the unit, though it doesn't have to with the fit of the other three straps. I found myself thumbing it back behind the T3's corner, though I flip it back into place when I'm done reading. I'll either have our local shoemaker/saddlery place relocate the rivet, or replace it with one of the spare bungee cords Oberon sent with my order.

Pics below - my photo skills do not do it justice. The contrast between the red of the dragon and the dark background is much, much better looking than the shot shows.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T3 Oberon cover.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	117095   Click image for larger version

Name:	T3 Oberon.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	117096  
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I love Oberon. I just gave my MIL my K3 which is in a Red Cloud Dragon sleeve. I was bummed that the Mini sleeve for the PW2 was not available with the red sky dragon.

I hope your Husband enjoys the cover and the e-reader!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Thanks for sharing! It looks fantastic! I keep my T2 in an Oberon cover that was also sized for the Kindle. I have been very satisfied with the quality and how it has aged. I love Oberon too. Just wait 'til you get one of their catalogs in the mailbox. It is fun to page through them and look at all the other beautiful products.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
sharphamster
Anathema Device
sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sharphamster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T3/350, Kobo AuraH20/Mini, Axim X50v
Thanks to you both :] Bonus of the dragon scales - perfect texture for improved grip!

I thought I might feel a little bit of Buyer's Remorse over the price, but the work is so fine I just can't. You can tell it was made to last, and now I can look forward to watching it age. I love the way good heavy leather builds character and gets better looking the more you handle it. It's going to outlive my T3, no doubt about it.

And with the T3 being so lightweight, even with my Octovo light added on, it's not at all heavy in my hand. No wrist strain even after a few hours - a pleasure to hold.

Looking forward to that catalog, Bookworm_Girl!
sharphamster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, oberon