Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
D. B. Henson
D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Smile Deed To Death - New Mystery/Thriller

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. My mystery/thriller, Deed To Death, is available on Amazon for $1.99. It's also available on Smashwords, Deed To Death, for $1.99 when you use Coupon Code MX86W.

Product Description

Real estate agent Toni Matthew's problems begin when her fiancé, Scott, is murdered. Having to bury the man she loves on the very day they planned to be married is almost more than Toni can take. Dealing with her loss becomes even harder when Scott's estranged brother, Brian, contests the will, threatening to take away her home.

After learning Brian is in deep financial trouble, Toni suspects he may be the one who killed Scott. Determined to find the truth and frustrated with the police, she begins her own investigation. Toni soon realizes she didn't know her fiancé quite as well as she had thought. Scott had been keeping secrets. Secrets that make Toni the killer's next target.

I appreciate all those who take the time to check it out. I'm also looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Thanks.
D. B. Henson

Last edited by D. B. Henson; 05-04-2010 at 04:26 PM.
D. B. Henson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, D. B. Henson.

We love to welcome and support authors that join in and participate in our forums. Congratulations on your book.

I don't have a Kindle, so I am not able to purchase it (I also don't read on my laptop so Kindle for PC is not an option.) I believe calibre will not format shift if the book is DRM infected.

Have you considered publishing on smashwords? If it is on smashwords people without Kindles (those with Kindles can get the mobi format there) and those in other parts of the world may purchase your book.

I see you have found a couple of other places on MR. Did you know Kovid, the creator of calibe, frequents the forums here? We even have a dedicated Calibre forum.

Congratulations on your book and have fun exploring and participating in our forums.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
D. B. Henson
D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.D. B. Henson can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Hi. Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't published on Smashwords yet, but my book does Not contain any DRM when purchased from Amazon. I don't believe in DRM .

I didn't know you have a Calibre forum, but I'll check it out. I consider it invaluable software and want to help the creator as much as possible. It's rare to find someone willing to offer such a wonderful product at no cost (not including donations). And I am really impressed by how often it's updated.

Thanks again for the welcome.
D. B. Henson
Old 05-03-2010, 01:13 AM   #4
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
It costs $3.99 on Amazon for us Ozzies, and I don't have a Kindle so I would be wary of downloading in that format in case Calibre can't convert it. I think Smashwords would be more attractive for non-US buyers.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:24 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. B. Henson View Post
Hi. Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't published on Smashwords yet, but my book does Not contain any DRM when purchased from Amazon. I don't believe in DRM .
We do love authors who hate DRM.

I believe there is an extra $2 charge (Amazon receives, not the author) and sometimes extra tax for those outside the USA who purchase your book. If purchased from smashwords, they aren't charged the extra amount for your book.

Please let us know when you offer your book in other formats, I'd love to check it out. (I don't use Kindle for PC and I am not experienced in converting.)

Have fun checking out the calibre forum.
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 02:47 AM   #6
D. B. Henson

Thanks for the replies. I hope to have my book on Smashwords in a couple of days. Thanks for letting me know about the extra charges paid by people outside the US. That just doesn't seem fair. I don't see how it could cost Amazon any more to allow you to download it. Could it be some kind of excise tax? Anyway, thanks again for the replies.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
D. B. Henson

Now Available on Smashwords

Hi again. My novel is now available on Smashwords. To get the $1.99 price, use coupon code MX86W.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:49 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. B. Henson View Post
Hi again. My novel is now available on Smashwords. To get the $1.99 price, use coupon code MX86W.

Thanks.
Thank you!! It is greatly appreciated.

You can go back and edit your first post so members will see this new information (as well as in this post) right away (and direct click to smashwords for a look).
Old 05-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #9
D. B. Henson

Thanks Dreams. I've edited my post.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
Kaz Nagao
Kaz Nagao began at the beginning.

Hi,

It is truly amazing to be able to directly communicate with the author of the book that has been discussed. I am currently in Central Asia, but when I get back to Japan, I will purchase "Deed To Death". I have only Kindle, and will have to pay $3.99, which is perfectly fine with me.
Kaz Nagao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:11 AM   #11
D. B. Henson

Hi Kaz,

Thanks for wanting to purchase Deed To Death. The Smashwords price is currently $2.99. You can save $1 by buying it from them. Just download the .mobi file. It will work perfectly on your Kindle. Just copy the file to your Kindle documents folder. Have a great day!

D.B. Henson