Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
gander
gander began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Remove Books

I am having formatting problems with multiple books in my library. I want to completely clear all of them and start fresh. How would i go about getting rid of all the books without having to remove them one at a time from the reader?
gander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Open via explorer
go to media-books
select all
delete
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzeltjes View Post
Open via explorer
go to media-books
select all
delete
Don't do that if you have any eBooks as part of a collection.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
mazzeltjes
Addict

double post

Last edited by mazzeltjes; 09-28-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
mazzeltjes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gander View Post
I am having formatting problems with multiple books in my library. I want to completely clear all of them and start fresh. How would i go about getting rid of all the books without having to remove them one at a time from the reader?
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
If you're using calibre, just highlight them and hit "Remove books".
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
If using the Sony Ebook Library, open the library. Go to a list view of your books. Select the lot. (Put the cursor on the first book. Press the return key, then scroll to the bottom book and click. This selects the lot.) Then click on edit/delete.

You should then be able to reimport the lot without duplicates by going to file/import files or file/import folder.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:49 PM   #8
mazzeltjes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
Even better
Old 09-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #9
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
If you really want to start from scratch select Settings, then Advanced Settings, then Format Internal Memory on your 505.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #10
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
If you really want to start from scratch select Settings, then Advanced Settings, then Format Internal Memory on your 505.
Madam B is giving good advice if you want to delete everything from your reader.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
wayamauro
Connoisseur
wayamauro began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KindleDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Before you do that make a backup of what you have in there, just in case.
wayamauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post

But make sure you're in the Reader's book list, and not the main Calibre book list, right?

I would cry heartily if I deleted my entire Calibre library by mistake!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:36 PM   #13
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
But make sure you're in the Reader's book list, and not the main Calibre book list, right?

I would cry heartily if I deleted my entire Calibre library by mistake!
Don't even joke about it.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #14
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
No, I wasn't joking! The way this was written, I didn't think it was clear that the OP was to delete the list from the Reader, not just from Calibre.

Gave my heart a jolt just to read it, so I thought I'd offer a clarification, in case I wasn't the only one who read it that way.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #15
Superlucky
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
No, I wasn't joking! The way this was written, I didn't think it was clear that the OP was to delete the list from the Reader, not just from Calibre.

Gave my heart a jolt just to read it, so I thought I'd offer a clarification, in case I wasn't the only one who read it that way.
I know. It was kind of you to offer that needed clarification. I (like you) just had a visceral reaction to the thought.