Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
lear2003
htdtfbufuubfyipeeeeee
lear2003 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
kindle fire UK users

help help help. non US users have no access to the amazon appstore, i have rooted my fire in order to use google android market, my problem is when i follow all the videos or links to install android i have to download explorer from the appstore to open the APK files i have downloaded onto the fire, can anybody help? i am aware of the alternative of using a US credit card but do not wish to do that. Any other tips for non US users much appreciated.
lear2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear2003 View Post
help help help. non US users have no access to the amazon appstore, i have rooted my fire in order to use google android market, my problem is when i follow all the videos or links to install android i have to download explorer from the appstore to open the APK files i have downloaded onto the fire, can anybody help? i am aware of the alternative of using a US credit card but do not wish to do that. Any other tips for non US users much appreciated.
See the reply to your other post I posted how to get the apps you need.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Lear,

did you read my other post about getting an online US DEBIT card?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80#post1854380

That's not the same as using a US CREDIT card which might be hard to get by, rather setting up another online means of payment that you can fill via paypal or others and that adds something like 20 $ cost to what you already paid for your Kindle.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
lear2003
htdtfbufuubfyipeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
See the reply to your other post I posted how to get the apps you need.
i can get the apps but what do i use to open them? i cannot download explorer
Old 12-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #5
lear2003
htdtfbufuubfyipeeeeee

tried opening Apk with quickoffice, used the select option but it is not showing anywhere on my device, there is no "open" option.
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 06:29 AM   #6
lear2003
htdtfbufuubfyipeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
Lear,

did you read my other post about getting an online US DEBIT card?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80#post1854380

That's not the same as using a US CREDIT card which might be hard to get by, rather setting up another online means of payment that you can fill via paypal or others and that adds something like 20 $ cost to what you already paid for your Kindle.

Best regards,
Andy
thanks Andy but do not want do go down this route already cost me $270 not giving amazon another penny ( sorry, cent).
Old 12-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
tried opening Apk with quickoffice, used the select option but it is not showing anywhere on my device, there is no "open" option.
Sorry just tap lightly on the apk file. I have so many explorer apps I get confused.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #8
lear2003
htdtfbufuubfyipeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sorry just tap lightly on the apk file. I have so many explorer apps I get confused.
When I tap Apk file it says "directory is empty" I downloaded the explorer Apk from your link & copied onto kindle, Also tried copying into download folder.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
When I tap Apk file it says "directory is empty" I downloaded the explorer Apk from your link & copied onto kindle, Also tried copying into download folder.
I just opened Quick Office then clicked Browse then touch the folder the apk file is in and then touch the apk file and installed. I'm not sure why yours isn't working.

Try restarting the Fire then try the steps again.

Make sure you have ability to install 3rd party apps enabled in settings of the Fire. It's under Settings/Device.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #10
lear2003
htdtfbufuubfyipeeeeee

once again thank you Blossom, needed to reboot kindle then it worked.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
once again thank you Blossom, needed to reboot kindle then it worked.
Happy you got it working! Enjoy your Kindle!