Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Adding documents to library on desktop app (OSX)?

Is there no way to add documents (primarily PDFs) to a Kindle via the desktop library (OSX)? Is the USB connection the only way to copy them to a Kindle?
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I am not sure what you are asking... Desktop library?

I have a kindle and I am on OSX and I can drag and drop a book into the kindle just fine... though I prefer to use Calibre
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Ack sorry - I meant the Kindle desktop application on OSX.
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodge View Post
Ack sorry - I meant the Kindle desktop application on OSX.
Kindle for Mac does not read PDF files, just the native Kindle formats (azw/mobi/prc/azw2). Also it does not transfer files to a Kindle - it is just way to read Kindle content on your computer.

There are two ways to get PDF on a Kindle:
1 - connect Kindle with USB cable, copy the PDF to the Kindle's /documents folder
2 - send the PDF as an email attachment to your Kindle's @kindle.com email address. It will be sent wirelessly when the Kindle wireless is turned on. Note there will be a fee charged if delivery is over 3G/Edge rather than wifi. If you have a K3 with 3G, you can force it to use wifi by using the @free.kindle.com address instead, and it will get delivered the next time you have a wifi connection. If you have a K2, then you can't avoid a fee for wireless delivery.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote