Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
... and you'll find lots of fans on this forum.
and very few complaints. I keep checking this forum for any 350 problems, but they're so rare it's hardly worth the mouse clicks.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
and very few complaints. I keep checking this forum for any 350 problems, but they're so rare it's hardly worth the mouse clicks.
That's an excellent observation!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Oddly enough I read this thread this morning and stopped by Walmart [Canada] and they still have the 350 for sale, I think it was $48. You guys had me looking! Love my T1 though.
That would make me grab a 3rd one!
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #19
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Me love, too.
Best Buy had some refurbished one for $50 last month, I got 2.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #20
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I love my 350. I would love to come across one on sale at Walmart to get as a backup! I never luck out with ebook readers on sale.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #21
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Another owner of two 350...

With all that effort I put into these units (Zork edition) I'll stay as long as possible with this little gems.

I had the possiblity to compare them with the T2 side by side. Contrast of the screen has been very similiar which expresses the variability of EInk displays - I think they have more variability within one specific model than to be expected.
Resultion of the 350 is noticeable better. In my eyes this is the big downside of ALL 6" readers form Sony, especially in consideration of the new Kindle models with its far better resolutions.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #22
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I've got a 350 and a 650--love 'em both. When I'm home I read on my 650 and I keep my 350 with me when I'm on the go. Perfect for travel. I'm hoping that both of them last forever!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #23
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I had 2 350's as well. I adored my pink one & bought a silver as a backup. Hubby made me sell it to get the new T1 though. It's a wonderful little device.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #24
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I do prefer reading on my Kindle Keyboard at home, but I love my little 350 for when I'm out and about at work. I bought the Sony cover for it and it's still small and light enough to carry in my pocket, so now when I'm kept waiting at places I don't get stressed, I just say, that's fine take your time, I'll just sit here and have a little read while I wait
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #25
kolosus
kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.kolosus knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 4 NT (wifi), Kindle 5 (3g + wifi)
You can get "refurbished" 350s on cowboom com. I've gotten mine there. They are in very decent shape. It might take two weeks for it to get to you. They have daily deals there. I got mine there at less than $50 shipped on a day they were selling the sony reader for cheap.

They sell by the item. If the one they're selling is in 5/10 shape the next might be 4/10 or 6/10... no way to tell what the next item's condition will be that I'm aware of. If you get one in good shape it might be missing items (chargers, charge cords, manual etc). Some items missing is of no consequence (charge chord, manual) some items missing might be a deal breaker (stylus). In this case YMMV.

Forgive the shameless plug.

Last edited by kolosus; 09-17-2012 at 09:12 PM.
kolosus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:39 AM   #26
bobsi18
Enthusiast
bobsi18 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone & Sony Pocket (& support for a Kobo Wifi)
My mum recently "accidentally" stood on her kobo, and is somewhat excited to be getting a replacement PRS 350. I got one a year and a half ago and love it so much, love how it's the perfect size for my bag etc. Was a bit shocked to find that Sony are no longer selling a 5" model, so have scoured eBay and found one.
bobsi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:14 PM   #27
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
KOBO will release a 5 inch reader. Their firmware issue for 6 inch reader turned me off. I'll wait until a few reviews before getting one.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #28
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Yeah, the small size is really handy for portability. I like 6" but I can see the appeal...Is anyone still making 5"?
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #29
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Yeah, the small size is really handy for portability. I like 6" but I can see the appeal...Is anyone still making 5"?
Yes, Kobo has recently announced a 5 inch ebook reader with a Pearl screen. Pocketbook may still make 5 inch screens as well, I'm not sure.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #30
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Every time I pull out my 650 to keep a charge in it, I still get goosebumps. Though I use my T-1, I cannot seem to let go of the 650. I may even sell or give my T-1 away if I do an upgrade but keep the 650.

The design of the x50 series was unparalled.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote