Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
GreenAir
GreenAir began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
Thumbs down "Continue Reading" upon selection in "Books"

my PRS-T1 is running perfectly with the complete rupor treatment (root/Apps2SD/resize)

i am using moon+ because i use my mobile for reading too and need to synchronize the positions with dropbox

but when i open a book from the "Books" list on home, the book does not show in "Continue Reading" after leaving moon+

i tested some other apps and the only one working correctly is CoolReader.

has someone a solution?
GreenAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Yeah don't root your reader... opps.. too late... plus syncing with dropbox is not something I would recommend in fact any sort of syncing inevitably leads to problems... seriously... the sony t1 is a good READER as is... if you really want to do more buy a cheap tablet
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
GreenAir

rooting is effortless, works perfect and is the best thing that could happen to a device!
syncing is just great: i turn my sony off, leave the house and pick up at the same position on my phone! without ever thinking about it.
i already have a tablet, i don't use my sony as a tablet but as a book.

my question is this: how does the PRS-T1 know what book was opened last?
if i open a book from the homescreen (Recently Added/Read) it works, but if i open the "Books" list and open the book there it doesn't show up on the homescreen
Old 04-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
The home screen on the T1doesn't show "recently read" it shows books recently ADDED you can sort your books list to recently read... as for rooting/syncing ... it's a personal choice but if you want to analyze what causes most of the problems reported on this forum they can be traced back to rooting/syncing....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
When you use a different reading app, no, it is not going to show up as recently opened on the Sony home screen. Only if you opened it in the stock Sony reading app will it show there. (Also will show there if you use Morkl's modified reader.)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
GreenAir

Each reading application has an ability to notify Sony shell about the book it has open, the place (page) you are reading, etc. This what will become visible in the Sony shell as "Continue reading" information after reading application closed (moved to the background). So application needs to be modified a bit. For example over the time CoolReader and AlReader applications have been modified to work properly with Sony shells on T1 and T2 devices. I posted necessary code long time ago here.

Last edited by rupor; 04-07-2013 at 10:41 AM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
GreenAir

are you THE rupor? as in "rupor's root package"? i thought you are russian! :-D
thanks a lot, that was what i'm looking for!
(realized too late i probably should have posted in dev section)

unfortunately that is what i was suspecting, no easy way to fix this.
but i'll send the developer of moon+ a mail, maybe he is bored and embraces the possibility to modify his app just for me ;-)

i'm not familiar with android (or java for that matter) but i guess the function in question is "setReadingTime" in "SonyBookSelector.java", and the sony home app will show the books accordingly....
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
I am "the rupor" and yes - I came from Russia, but I live in the US.

Basically there are 2 ways of doing it - simple and guaranteed. You could see examples in "ebookdownloader/EBookDownloaderView.java" - one is completly async, but requires book to be in the device database already (so it reading application just brought this book from somewhere it will fail), another one requires connection to ContentManagement service and waiting for the completion.

Code:
SonyBookSelector selector = new SonyBookSelector( this );
long l = selector.getContentId( path );
if( l != 0 )
{
    selector.setReadingTime( l );
    selector.requestBookSelection( l );
}
else
{
    selector.selectBook( path );
}

Last edited by rupor; 04-16-2013 at 07:34 PM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote