Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Rooted and Cover issue fix (for me)

So my biggest problem was that I couldn't get my books to show up in my Library on the Nook color. The stock library that is. I tend to like the look and the reading on that better than Aldiko.

THIS IS JUST FOR DOWNLOADING WITHOUT A PC, CALIBRE WORKS JUST FINE.

So here is kind of an odd fix that I found works out.

1.) Download your books through Aldiko (don't know if there is an xml reader that will download it in the same way, but that would be cool)

2.) Use ASTRO FILE MANAGER (it won't work with Root Explorer), go to the folder where the ePub is....you will see a thing that will say "Thumbnail Created".

3.) Copy the .epub file (not the folder or images) to the /mnt/sdcard/my files/books, as ASTRO will not copy across the SD Card to the Main Memory

And that will put the cover in the library. It seems there has to be some sort of thumbnail generated when copying the file.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote