Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-21-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
Lima Bean
Groupie
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My Kindle Won't Power On. Any ideas?

My Kindle Touch 3G has gone kaput. I've had it charging for days now. The light is green when it's plugged in. When I try to power it on, it stays green a few seconds then shuts off. The display doesn't come up at all.

if anyone has run into this and has a suggestion, I'd like to give it a try.
Lima Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
From your description it sounds like a dead battery. You could try getting a replacement battery and seeing if that helps, but to be honest you might just as well get a new basic Kindle - a battery is going to cost you almost as much.

Amazon customer service have been known to offer generous discounts even when a device is well out of warranty. You could report the problem to them and see what discount they offer you on a new device - I'm sure you'll get a discount of some kind.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
Lima Bean
Groupie
Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lima Bean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, you're probably right about the battery. Thanks for the suggestion about contacting Amazon. I'm all for saving a buck, but first I got to decide what kind of Kindle I want to get this time around. Thanks you for the help. Now I'm off to do some research...
Old 05-21-2015, 11:02 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just checking, but you've presumably tried to reboot your Kindle? ie holding in the power switch for at least 30-40s?
Old 05-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #5
Lima Bean
Groupie

Nope. Let me step away to give it a try.

[Insert Musical interlude from Vilvadi's Four Seasons here]

I'm back. The green light blinked a few times, then went dark.
Advert
Old 05-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #6
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
It's look like the battery was broken, you better contact Amazon for this case.

Last edited by tekkasit; 05-22-2015 at 10:47 AM.
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:31 PM   #7
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Does it work while plugged in?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:35 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
Does it work while plugged in?
If the battery is dead, it won't.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:01 AM   #9
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Ah, thats right.
Does anything show up if plug it into a pc and restart?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
From your description it sounds like a dead battery. You could try getting a replacement battery and seeing if that helps, but to be honest you might just as well get a new basic Kindle - a battery is going to cost you almost as much.
Umm... not so. A new battery will be $10-$15, including postage. Just check on eBay. Or around $20 including tools on Amazon.

A new basic Kindle is $79!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Umm... not so. A new battery will be $10-$15, including postage. Just check on eBay. Or around $20 including tools on Amazon.

A new basic Kindle is $79!
Thanks - prices have fallen considerably since I last investigated, it seems! I know that when I looked at replacing the battery in my K3, after international postage costs (I couldn't find any sites in the UK at the time) it just didn't make any sense, financially.