Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-10-2007, 01:43 AM   #16
bchowdhr
bchowdhr began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Hadrien, I also downloaded one of the books on my Kindle and then went to the links inside the books to download some more books. It works beautifully. Awesome. Thanks.

I am now waiting to see how I can get a custom newspaper delivered to me everyday from Feedbooks.
bchowdhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Hadrien-

Can you post a copy of the code fragments for the links? I want to write my own ebook library index as an ebook.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
mjdb
Kiwi Member
mjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-books

Device: NAEB Bookeen Cybook Gen3, eBookman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Hadrien-

Can you post a copy of the code fragments for the links? I want to write my own ebook library index as an ebook.

Is the syntax the same when creating links in Kindle books the same as it is for ordinary Mobipocket books ?

If they are, there are instructions in the Devolper section of the Mobipocket website that might be relevant.

eg:
Hyperlinks between different ebook files
Linking to another ebook
http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...hyperlinks.htm

"You use the oeb:redirect special URL to link to a different ebook. The syntax is: <a href="oeb:redirect?title=DatabaseName">External Link</a> "

Has anyone tried using the Databases and SQL queries within Mobipocket eBooks that are also described there ?
http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl..._reference.htm
http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...=Databases.htm

Martin.
mjdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:50 AM   #19
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The FeedBooks download links work in FBReader if you turn on "Open External Links" (Cross-Tools icon, Web tab). I tested this under Windows and on a Nokia 770. I have not tested this on my iLiad, because I don't have much experience with its web browser.

On the Nokia, the spaces in the filename don't interact well with the file manager. It would be much simpler if "Author - Multiple Word Title.mobi" was changed to (say) "Author-Multiple_Word_Title.mobi".

The links did not work under Windows MobiPocket Reader. I think the Reader assumes links are shopping requests, so they get redirected through mobipocket.com and I eventually end up on the feedbooks.com home page. This might be made to work if you can detect how MobiPocket is changing the request.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:28 AM   #20
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdb View Post
Is the syntax the same when creating links in Kindle books the same as it is for ordinary Mobipocket books ?

If they are, there are instructions in the Devolper section of the Mobipocket website that might be relevant.

eg:
Hyperlinks between different ebook files
Linking to another ebook
http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...hyperlinks.htm

"You use the oeb:redirect special URL to link to a different ebook. The syntax is: <a href="oeb:redirect?title=DatabaseName">External Link</a> "

Has anyone tried using the Databases and SQL queries within Mobipocket eBooks that are also described there ?
http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl..._reference.htm
http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...=Databases.htm

Martin.
It's actually much more simple. The oeb:redirect is for books that you already have in your library. In my case, I simply created normal links pointing to our files: <a href="http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/mobi/xx">Text</a>

Tried it on the Mobipocket Reader for Windows on XP, and on my smartphone (HTC Touch) and it worked on both of them.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert