Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Active german translators?

I just had a look at the german translations of Calibre after taking a somewhat longer break and noticed some recent activity. I have a comment regarding the translations to pass on, I got told the same thing when I started contributing to the translation:
Try to adhere to the style and word choice already made in existing translations. This is especially relevant for things like often-occuring words (tags, cover, ...) or often-occuring phrases (connect to X in the device plugins, ...). That way, the translation will appear to be homogenous and easy to read. If in doubt, use the search function to search for the english phrase or word to find strings that have already been translated.

Last edited by Manichean; 04-18-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #2
tEmrich
tEmrich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Oh, I'm afraid that was my fault. I'm new to open source developement in general and wanted to make a small step into this great world

I tried carefully to search for the given text snippets inside calibre, to get the context right. For often-occuring words like "cover" and "news" I looked up existing translations ("Umschlagbild" and "Nachrichten").

Can you hint to any specific section or word? I would really like to poivide "right" translations, so any help or examples would be very nice.
tEmrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

I was mainly thinking about "Umschlag" and "Etiketten". As long as you look stuff up, everything is good- I started that way, as well
Old 04-19-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
tEmrich
tEmrich began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Well, thank you very much.
tEmrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:55 AM   #5
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Sehr nett, wenn sich 2 Deutsche auf englisch über eine deutsche Übersetzung unterhalten. ;-)

(It's nice to see 2 Germans making an english conversation about german translations.) ;-)
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 03:25 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard

I know. But this forum is more active than the german part, and anyone translating should be reasonably fluid in english anyway, so it shouldn't matter too much.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Don't forget that calibre isn't in it's own world. KDE for instance has a very large translation base. You can always double check against their translations when in doubt. They may have something similar you can check against.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard

I was more concerned about the translations keeping in style with what is already translated.