Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #91
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
I was just about to suggest a project where we add the ability to change to landscape mode by holding down the zoom button and holy shit, it already does that! I had no idea.
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #92
scottsan
Connoisseur
scottsan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
thanks for all your suggestions, all which I tried, though they didn't work. But the process forced me to think about what was wrong. Apparently the manner in which the downloaded files was unzipped and sent to the sd card was the problem. The customizer program ran to completion, but the hack wouldn't install.
I changed the way I sent the files to the sd card, and low and behold, I'm customized!
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #93
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsan View Post
thanks for all your suggestions, all which I tried, though they didn't work. But the process forced me to think about what was wrong. Apparently the manner in which the downloaded files was unzipped and sent to the sd card was the problem. The customizer program ran to completion, but the hack wouldn't install.
I changed the way I sent the files to the sd card, and low and behold, I'm customized!
Were you failing to preserve directory structure?
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:55 PM   #94
scottsan
Connoisseur

actually, I think the problem was that the instructions said to extract the zip file to the sd card root directory. When the file downloaded to my computer it wasn't zipped. So I placed the downloaded folder in the root of the sd card. What finally worked was opening the downloaded folder and copying the contents to the sd card root.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #95
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewastaken View Post
I was just about to suggest a project where we add the ability to change to landscape mode by holding down the zoom button and holy shit, it already does that! I had no idea.
You won't beleive it but it's even mentioned in the manual!
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2008, 02:56 AM   #96
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsan View Post
actually, I think the problem was that the instructions said to extract the zip file to the sd card root directory. When the file downloaded to my computer it wasn't zipped. So I placed the downloaded folder in the root of the sd card. What finally worked was opening the downloaded folder and copying the contents to the sd card root.
You're using Safari? By default it seems to download/extract; a right-click lets you just download.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #97
scottsan
Connoisseur

I did indeed use safari.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #98
Jeeves
Jeeves has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS 505
cyrillic fonts

OK, guys,

a hint from me after a couple of hours work.... everything is perfect with the flash and icons and stuff, but the Cyrillic weren't working for me. Tried lots of stuff and fonts, but got just ...monkeys and not a normal letters.
So after almost 2 hours of trying different stuff I finally noticed, that the FONT folder in the archive prscustomizer.0.03.zip\files.505.1.1.00.18040\opt\ sony\ebook\font
is with small letters, and should be with capital like FONTS. Changed it and NOW everything is a fairytale.
Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #99
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
PRSCustomizer v0.03 is an easy to use program for the Sony PRS-505 Reader
which provides:

Clock
Localization by Porkupan (English,French,German,Russian,Spanish)
Unicode fonts with Cyrillic Support
Uniform font size (optional)
New icons (optional)
One-key shutdown (optional)
Joystick page forward (optional)
Personalized About Screen
I've run the program and the only options I see are for...
Customized About Screen
Uniform Font Size
Joystick Page Forward
Choose Icon Set

How do I dump the non-optional stuff that I really do not want? I don't want Localization or Unicode Font Support. And what has been done to the clock? I still want the 0 added to single digit hours, but all I want is the m removed from am/pm. Can you make these mandatory hacks optional so I can get rid of them?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #100
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've run the program and the only options I see are for...
Customized About Screen
Uniform Font Size
Joystick Page Forward
Choose Icon Set

How do I dump the non-optional stuff that I really do not want? I don't want Localization or Unicode Font Support. And what has been done to the clock? I still want the 0 added to single digit hours, but all I want is the m removed from am/pm. Can you make these mandatory hacks optional so I can get rid of them?
Looking at the clock at this moment I see: 01:44p - leading zero and no 'm.' As for the rest, eventually everything but the personalization will be optional. In the meantime, localization and unicode are present, but shouldn't affect you if you don't need them - English is the default.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 PM   #101
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Looking at the clock at this moment I see: 01:44p - leading zero and no 'm.' As for the rest, eventually everything but the personalization will be optional. In the meantime, localization and unicode are present, but shouldn't affect you if you don't need them - English is the default.
But, I really don't want them. How can I use PRSCustomizer but not have them? I know they'll be there and there's a chance something might go wrong and I'd rather not risk it.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:53 AM   #102
lookasz
lookasz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Polish Location

Hi,

I've added polish localization. To install it first go with prscustomizer.exe and then replace two files I attached in /files.505.1.1.00.18040/opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/scripts/. Then copy all files to SD card and go with instalation.

I hope this localization in the future can be added to installer.

Dodałem polska lokalizacje. Aby zainstalowac najpierw uruchom prscustomizer.exe potem zastap pliki w katalogu /files.505.1.1.00.18040/opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/scripts/ plikami ktore dolaczylem. Przekopiuj na karte SD i uruchom istalacje. ( najpierw wcisnij 5 potem 6 )

Mam nadzieje ze lokalizacja bedzie w przyszlosci dodana do programu customizer.
Attached Files
File Type: xml main.xml (124.5 KB, 566 views)
File Type: xml mainStorage.xml (8.4 KB, 542 views)
lookasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 AM   #103
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

One more thing I've noticed... the personalized about screen is not an option. It needs to be an option as well.

So when can we expect a new version that fixes all this things? In the hack maker for the 500, everything was an option. We should not be forced to have to install hacks we don't want just to get the ones we do want. Even the clock needs to be optional. So please, fix this puppy so it's actually usable (won't be usable till all hacks are made optional)
Old 08-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #104
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But, I really don't want them. How can I use PRSCustomizer but not have them? I know they'll be there and there's a chance something might go wrong and I'd rather not risk it.
Sorry. If you don't want localization/unicode fonts you'll have to use an older version, wait for a version that makes localization/unicode optional, or roll your own hacks.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:56 AM   #105
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookasz View Post
Hi,

I've added polish localization. To install it first go with prscustomizer.exe and then replace two files I attached in /files.505.1.1.00.18040/opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/scripts/. Then copy all files to SD card and go with instalation.

I hope this localization in the future can be added to installer.

Dodałem polska lokalizacje. Aby zainstalowac najpierw uruchom prscustomizer.exe potem zastap pliki w katalogu /files.505.1.1.00.18040/opt/sony/ebook/application/resources/scripts/ plikami ktore dolaczylem. Przekopiuj na karte SD i uruchom istalacje. ( najpierw wcisnij 5 potem 6 )

Mam nadzieje ze lokalizacja bedzie w przyszlosci dodana do programu customizer.
Thanks!