Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #166
T.W.G
Connoisseur
T.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of light

Device: prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Or updated version 2 coming?!
Yes, another possibility. Does anybody know how to get the device to Germany actually? Except flying to the US just for buying that device. ;-)
T.W.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #167
gamba66
Zealot
gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gamba66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.W.G View Post
Yes, another possibility. Does anybody know how to get the device to Germany actually? Except flying to the US just for buying that device. ;-)
Take a ship to the US and buy it
gamba66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #168
T.W.G
Connoisseur
T.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamba66 View Post
Take a ship to the US and buy it
That's gonna be a looooong shopping trip. ;-)
Old 04-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #169
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
Can anyone confirm when and if they got the new 1.4 version of the firmware running on the English device?

http://www.sony.jp/digital-paper/support/update/dpt-s1/ver1_4_feature.html

I've not yet spotted the update anywhere on the English Sony site.
i still have version 1.3 on mine. maybe it will take a bit longer for version 1.4 to migrate over to the english version.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:57 PM   #170
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.W.G View Post
I don't think they're going for a second version. Everything but that. If anything, discontinuation seems plausible. They have not lowered the price to anything that would yield real profit, nor has it generated sufficient data to analyze the market. If anything, the lack of sells (which it surely had) will tell Sony to back out. If you were Sony (not that Sony followed everyday logic, but eh), would you invest in another device, which then would be sold at a much higher price (say $1500) again? And all the few folks in that niche market, they have bought the DPT-S1 by now. Highly unlikely move.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:41 AM   #171
T.W.G
Connoisseur

I think you are right. Sony makes good products but they always seem to dumb for the market and afterwards they wonder why they didn't make any profit. There must be a big amount of high management members that should be fired around the world immediately!
Old 04-10-2015, 02:19 AM   #172
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fwiw, I can confirm Sony's reluctance to ship, again. I tried ordering it to an address in the US, but after the order had stuck as "Preparing for shipment" for two days, I called them. The lady on the phone was very nice and explained to me that they failed to verify my address and phone number. But after I explained to her that I'm currently abroad and thus could not respond to any calls on that number, she assured me that she had set things in order and I'd receive a FedEx tracking number for the parcel shortly.

12 hours later, I received an automated cancellation notice for my order.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:21 AM   #173
Alexey.deep
Alexey.deep began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Paper
some DPT-S1 (US version) with international shipment for $999

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-Digital.../261849022647?
Alexey.deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #174
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey.deep View Post
some DPT-S1 (US version) with international shipment for $999

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-Digital.../261849022647?
sony is selling direct to consumers in the U.S. for $799.

i guess the ebay route is an option for those who can't get it direct from sony. but still, it's $200 more.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:00 PM   #175
rpv
Enthusiast
rpv will become famous soon enoughrpv will become famous soon enoughrpv will become famous soon enoughrpv will become famous soon enoughrpv will become famous soon enoughrpv will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX
I got for $1000 and in 35 days price reduced.. sony will not price match .. i guess that's life
rpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:26 AM   #176
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
sony is selling direct to consumers in the U.S. for $799.

i guess the ebay route is an option for those who can't get it direct from sony. but still, it's $200 more.

...but it appears to be on backorder.

If one can wait, then the savings is $200.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:36 AM   #177
dekka007
dekka007 began at the beginning.

I use shipito twice a month for shipping US items to asia from stores that ship only to US addresses. Shipito.com are 150% reliable.

However Sony store online DPT-S1 currently $799 would not accept my foreign credit card with delivery to shipito.com

Therefore I used shipito.com assisted purchase to order for me they order the product on your behalf and you fund your shipito.com via paypal.

This is an expensive way to do it as there are charges by shipito etc.

1 DPT-S1
2 Sets of Elastomer Tips
1 Sony Express shipping

Total price for shipito.com to order is $1010.00. But a no hassle way of getting a brand new unit from US worldwide.

You could save $75.00 and $18.00 shipping by getting it shipped to shipito warehouse option outside CA and reducing the shipping to standard from express.

Last edited by dekka007; 04-22-2015 at 12:38 AM.
dekka007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 03:22 PM   #178
ManDay
E-Reader

I had rather bad expeience with shipito. Long story short: Customer support is a mess, particularly their "Live chat" where you have a 50/50 chance of either being given contradictory, incorrect information or just being ignored by the employee. Their "verification" requirements are a pain in the back (they want your credit card, they want a document signed by a notary, etc. etc.) and if you don't verify your account, they want the money in advance. Which wouldn't be a problem if they accepted PayPal, but instead they require you do wire transfer (paying OUR of course), thereby creating a huge fee which, on top of that, they refuse (naturally) to refund in case they can't hold their end of the bargain.

After two days of trying to jump through their hoops I went with a different company which offered much better conditions at a lower fee. I only wonder why anyone would use shipito.com...
Old 04-23-2015, 04:56 PM   #179
rem736
purpose priority passion

changing the subject here. any hope of jailbreaking this device and installing the full version of android side by side the original os? because the original os currently works very well in terms of what it is suppose to do, i don't want to overwrite it. i'm looking to install android side-by-side, (or at least install another app that's epub compatible). then this device will be near perfect (it's still missing a built-in light).
Old 04-23-2015, 11:31 PM   #180
dekka007
dekka007 began at the beginning.

Been a customer for many years and never had an issue with shipito. Below are my screenshots of my account. 91 packages sent and assisted purchases and really ZERO issues.

You misunderstand the account requirements. You do not need a notary to sign the documents. Look below I have never done it and been using them for years.

http://imgbox.com/3pXoQTyC

http://imgbox.com/3cPXLk0f
dekka007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crop, croppdf