Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
denodan
Enthusiast
denodan doesn't litterdenodan doesn't litter

Device: iriver Story
Why no Contrast adjustment on Kindle Paper White?

I notice with other Ebook readers, I think even the Nook Glow Light, these not only have adjustable light level sliders, but also have a slider to increase, or decrease the contrast of the fonts.

Why no option for the Paper White? it would improve the E Ink display even more, would be a great improvement.

I know turning up, or does the lighting level on the Paper White has an effect on the Contrast, but to also adjust the font contrast would be a vast improvement.

I notice even some of the font's even with the light level up, seem a bit light. I love darker fonts, so much easier to read and just look a lot more attractive.

Some fonts I would love to be able to adjust their contrast to my liking.
denodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:07 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's no use asking us - we don't know the answer. You need to ask Kindle Customer Service.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
denodan
Enthusiast
denodan doesn't litterdenodan doesn't litter

Device: iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's no use asking us - we don't know the answer. You need to ask Kindle Customer Service.
I am amazed no one asked them by now. Something that can improve the Kindle even more, why has there not been many asking Amazon the same thing?

Today I did suggest it needs to be in a firmware update. Seems others have this option, so why not kindle also? I pointed this out to them, as some Fonts are lighter then others, and could do with a contast for the Eink fonts, like the Kobo Glow light has, I believe you can also adjust the contrast of the E ink display and brightness of the light of course.

If more push for this the more likely it will make it in a firmware update, and a good improvement for the Kindle.

Last edited by denodan; 01-19-2013 at 05:01 AM.
denodan is offline   Reply With Quote