Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
Fehmarn
Enthusiast
Fehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litter

Device: Aura H2O (Glo stolen, PRS-T1 given away, K-touch kaputt) & iPads
on-off slider without function

Hi,

Finally got round to picking up the new Glo, and am impressed with it, so far.

But: the on-off slider is completely without function. Neither short flicks nor holding it in the off position yield any result.

Software is: 2.1.5 (r43939 10/12/12)

I have the Glo in the Kobo Glo Leather sleep cover. That works well. But the on off switch doesn't at all.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Pushing the switch over and releasing should put the device to sleep. Holding it for 5 seconds or more should turn it off. In both cases, the display should change and a banner should be displayed across the top to show the state. If this doesn't work, the device is faulty and should be returned for replacement.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If your sliding switch does not work then how do you turn your reader on at all, or off for that matter ?
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
Fehmarn
Enthusiast

It went to sleep last night and I was only able to switch it on / Wake it up by plugging it in to my computer. The switch itself is without function.
Maybe I'll try a factory reset and set the thing up anew.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try a basic reset first because a factory reset will erase all your settings and put it back to its original state. If that does not work then go for a factory reset. Good luck
Old 11-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
Fehmarn
Enthusiast

Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it - I returned the Glo to the vendor and received a (working) replacement without hassle.

The replacement seems to be working just fine.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
"Fehmarn was also the location of Jimi Hendrix's final concert, at the Open Air Love & Peace Festival, on September 6, 1970." Yoohoo!!
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #8
Quexos
Member Retired

You're welcome
And I reckon a replacement as a solution would work too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fehmarn View Post
Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it - I returned the Glo to the vendor and received a (working) replacement without hassle.

The replacement seems to be working just fine.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Fehmarn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
"Fehmarn was also the location of Jimi Hendrix's final concert, at the Open Air Love & Peace Festival, on September 6, 1970." Yoohoo!!
I know - AND I was there (with my parents, I was only seven years old).
Old 11-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fehmarn View Post
It went to sleep last night and I was only able to switch it on / Wake it up by plugging it in to my computer. The switch itself is without function.
Maybe I'll try a factory reset and set the thing up anew.
Actually, this sounds like the battery is low/out of power.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
nogle,

I was thinking the same thing... The after image left on an e-ink display can mess with your perception of what is going on.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
Fehmarn
Enthusiast

The battery was fully loaded - checking the menu revealed in excess of 90% load. The switch itself was faulty.
The replacement works just fine.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #13
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Glad you got it replaced. I think since you didn't mention the state of charge earlier and that it powered up after connecting it to a power source nogle and I both got the notion that the thing might have just run out of power... no offense intended.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #14
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Also did you pull it all the way? I tried a few times, nothing happened then I realized I hadn't pulled it hard enough. You know it's working if the blue light blinks.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
Quexos
Member Retired

Mine blinks a mix of blue and green

Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Also did you pull it all the way? I tried a few times, nothing happened then I realized I hadn't pulled it hard enough. You know it's working if the blue light blinks.