Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
StanByk
Connoisseur
StanByk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Standby screen picture

Hi,
I was wondering if using a standby screen picture will drain the battery faster than not using one.
My hunch is that it won't make a difference. Is this correct?
Thanks a lot
StanByk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #2
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
shouldn't make any difference as eink only uses power when changing pages once the image is on the screen its done
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2010, 05:41 AM   #3
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
Shouldn't do.

Eink doesn't use power all the time an image is displaying - only to get the 'ink' particles into shape in the first place.

You could argue that using a standby screen picture would count as a page turn to bring up the 'screen saver' image, adding very slightly to the everyday battery use. However, the screen will flash black before clearing itself to a blank screen anyway, which is equivalent to a page turn. If you leave it without being in standby, the touchscreen will probably remain using some power.
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote