Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
HappyChris
Enthusiast
HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nexus 10 (2 of them), Nexus 5, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, iMac
Sigil 0.6.2 for Mac repeatedly crashes on starting

Did this even after 3 downloads, Trashing all related files and emptying Trash. I have not saved the crash report but will reinstall and crash it if needed. Luckily, I found 0.6.0 out there to continue with until this is cleared up.
HappyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Unless you are using OS 10.7 or later Sigil 0.6.2 will crash. Try pdurrant's compiled version in the thread "Sigil 0.6.2 released" post #8.
--MH

Edit: I have to take that back. The official download crashes on my Lion version on my work Mac.
--MH

Last edited by dynabook; 12-07-2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Correction
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 AM   #3
ZoeRochelle
Sigil Addict
ZoeRochelle began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad Air 2
I too had to go back to 6.0.1 and I am on Mac OS 10.7.5. Crashes on start up every time. I too tried trashing all my pref files, etc. Just realized 6.0.1 has a cursor issue. It jumps all over the place, very odd. I must not have used 6.0.1 before 6.0.2 came out. Hmm.
ZoeRochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
HappyChris
Enthusiast
HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.

I'm not alone...

How remiss of me - I should have said that I'm using OS X 10.7.5.

With both respondents confirming this bug, it looks like the ball is definitely in Sigil's court now!

Currently using Sigil 0.6.0 and all is fine.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyChris View Post
How remiss of me - I should have said that I'm using OS X 10.7.5.

With both respondents confirming this bug, it looks like the ball is definitely in Sigil's court now!

Currently using Sigil 0.6.0 and all is fine.
I wonder if the version I compiled for Mac OS X 10.5 also crashes on your system?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I can verify that pdurrant's version runs on my OS 10.7.5 iMac.
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
Xopher H
Xopher H began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I'd like to confirm that 0.6.2 also crashes on my MacBook, which is running Lion. Several other people have reported this on the Google Code Forum. For the record, I did go back and re-download 0.6.1, and it works fine.
Xopher H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #8
HappyChris
Enthusiast

PDurrant, your version works on my Lion too. Many thanks indeed!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #9
mzmm
Groupie
mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.mzmm has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch, Sony PRS-T1
also want to confirm that pdurrant's 0.6.2 runs on my mac running os 10.7.5, but the featured download on google code won't launch, or rather crashes on startup
mzmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #10
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@pdurrant
Worx on OSX 10.6.8 (on Mac mini 2007)

Thank you!
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
sundog
sundog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
the official 0.6.2 was crashing for me on 10.7.5 too, and like others here, I can report that pdurrant's complied version is working

Thank you!
sundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
I wonder why Lion support has been dropped. The sigil page now says that they require Mountain Lion. It obviously cannot be a huge deal to support the older systems, because PD's version runs perfectly, so it seems almost intentional.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #13
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
It is intentional. I seem to recall that the statement was that only Apple supported version would be supported. Something like that.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The latest XCode doesn't include the SDKs for the previous system software.O f course, you can install those SDKs from previous versions of XCode, and (so far) there isn't anything in Sigil that stops it compiling with the earlier SDKs (at least for Intel systems).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote