Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Pyr ePubs?

Hey guys, I can't seem to find any of these laying around. Does anyone know if they're part of the holdouts that went Amazon exclusive and forgot about ePub? I can find pretty much the whole catalog for my Kindle, but I want my books in ePub...
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
What is Pyr? Have you tried searching via Inkmesh?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, they're a publisher that I think is probably best known for Jeff Abercromboe.

I've tried inkmesh, and all the other major stores. I think they're amazon exclusive right now

I just got four books in trade that were published by them, but I really want digital copies and don't want to dust off my K2....maybe I should get a K3
Old 12-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You could buy them from Amazon (since you'll be there buying your K3 anyway ) and convert them to ePub.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #5
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
What is Pyr? Have you tried searching via Inkmesh?
It's actually rather amusing, it's a SF/Fantasy imprint of the skeptical publisher Prometheus Books, who basically was the big publisher of books debunking UFOs and the supernatural.

And so what do they do? Start up a fiction line mostly of books about the supernatural and some SF. (Hard SF I could understand, but most of it is Space Opera-ish)

Personally I would say they are most notable for publishing Mike Resnick, who I think is the greatest living SF author.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #6
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
The Sony Store (USA), WHSmith (UK) and Waterstones (UK) sell Pyr DRM epubs.

Sadly, I haven't been able to find non-DRM versions, so no Ian McDonald for me
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166
Yeah, they're a publisher that I think is probably best known for Jeff Abercromboe.
I'm assuming you mean Joe Abercrombie.
His First Law Trilogy (and Best Served Cold) is available in epub at Waterstones (UK).
Sony has Best Served Cold (US).

Not sure what happened to the rest. Joe's stuff used to be available at B&N not that long ago.

There's not much else from Pyr that I'd be interested in.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
jaxx6166
Wizard

Yeah I meant that. Oops. Sorry...brain not working. Daffy stop tempting me!!! I already have my K2 that is gathering dust. I'm a sony kinda guy, but the new K3 lighted covers are tempting....

I wasn't able to find half the Sony ePubs on Pyr that I had been looking for. Maybe I'll have to go thru the actual program...

Waterstones doesn't allow over the pond purchases of DRM content anymore, I got on them with Abercrombie and Erikson, sadly they put a stop to it. I just checked my US Sony store. No Pyr

Last edited by jaxx6166; 12-23-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Yeah I meant that. Oops. Sorry...brain not working. Daffy stop tempting me!!! I already have my K2 that is gathering dust. I'm a sony kinda guy, but the new K3 lighted covers are tempting....
Sorry for the temptation. not really

I see you have every possible base covered with your reader collection. Good luck with your Pyr epub search.