Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
bigmoney
Connoisseur
bigmoney doesn't litterbigmoney doesn't litter

Device: BeBook w/ OpenInkpot
Question Bebook - pricing and coupon code information

Hi there!

I am seriously thinking about buying the Bebook, after reading lots of reviews at this forum.

One thing that is leaving me scratching my head is that when I go to mybebook.com on 2 different machines, I see 2 different prices on the top of the page! In one machine (a Mac, set with language = English) I see it as 279.99 USD, which is great, while in the other machine (Linux, language = French) it shows 339 EUR!! That's 50% more so it makes a lot of difference!

I live in Belgium, so I am confused what is the actual price around here. Can anyone clarify?

Another thing is that I went through the checkout process for a while (didn't confirm but I wanted to see the price there) and I didn't see any place to enter the coupon code..is that at the very last page (the one I didn't dare to click) or what?

Best regards

Rod
bigmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Wow, that's one heck of a price difference:

330 euro = 427 dollar...

For that price difference, you can actually go to the States and pick one up there...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Part of the difference will be due to the fact that the French price will include VAT @19.6%, whereas the US price will not.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
bigmoney
Connoisseur

I got an answer from the BeBook sales team:
"We apologize for any confusion about pricing. For all European countries the BeBook price is EUR 329,95, incl. taxes. Prices differ for each region. The final price is based on a lot of things like transport, local taxes, import regulations etc. etc."
Argh, I was all excited about getting an e-reader for 210 EUR or so (279 USD).. 330 EUR is too much.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
Flolo
Flolo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Order it from the UK. With the current GBP <-> EUR exchange, you will get if for less than 300 EUR (e.g. sustuu.com or maplin.com will send it for 240 GPB, which is approx. 260 EUR).
Flolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolo View Post
Order it from the UK. With the current GBP <-> EUR exchange, you will get if for less than 300 EUR (e.g. sustuu.com or maplin.com will send it for 240 GPB, which is approx. 260 EUR).
... and by doing that you're benefitting from the UK's 15% VAT rate, which is lower than that of most other EU countries.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:34 AM   #7
bigmoney
Connoisseur

Great tip guys, will do that

Looking forward to get my first e-book reader..
Old 01-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolo View Post
Hmm, that might actually be a good idea...

btw, the small print of sustuu.com is funny:

Quote:
Please Note: Maya 2000 Ltd cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by Acts of God, industrial action, vehicle breakdown, stock availability and delivery companies.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebook, belgium, pricing