Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #106
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
OK - I can see where that is being generated in the code and it should be trivial to fix. However it is a bit late here in the UK, so I will get a good nights sleep before attempting the fix. Look for the updated version some time tomorrow.

Edit: Fixed version now uploaded.

Last edited by itimpi; 07-14-2009 at 04:58 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #107
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Version 0.95 handles the page titles properly now. Thank you.

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2009, 02:18 AM   #108
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Nook Colour, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Pixel
Great job itimpi! This is perfect for those of us that already have servers running 24/7.

Kovid, do you generate thumbnails on the fly for your built-in stanza feed? Reason I ask is that the thumbnails in your feed look much clearer than calibre2web's but I only see the original cover files in the Calibre library, no thumbs. Calibre2web uses the full size image as the thumbnail, which gets resized by Stanza on the iPhone/Touch, and probably accounts for the fuzziness. I generate 125 pixel high thumbs myself but if Calibre already has, it'd be nice to be able to re-use them.

Also, since Calibre is already generating a Stanza feed would it be tough to iterate through the nodes and generate xml files resulting in a set of files similar to calibre2web's?
RoninTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #109
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
it generated thumbnails on the fly. See

calibredb list -h

And you can run the calibre server as a standalone and reverse proxy your main server to it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #110
RoninTech
Groupie
RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RoninTech ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, my ideal scenario would be to run calibre server on my Linux (Ubuntu) box as well but one of my must have apps uses python-cherrypy and Calibre's python-cherrypy3 requirement isn't compatible. Hopefully someday the other package will be upgraded to run cherrypy3 but in the meantime I think something like calibre2web is my best option.
Advert
Old 11-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #111
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

calibre comes with a bundled cherrypy that it does not install into the system site-packages, so you should have to problem interoperating (provided you install calibre from source, not using your distro package)
Old 11-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #112
RoninTech
Groupie

As usual you are 17 steps ahead.

Attempting to install from source on Ubuntu and get this error:

Quote:
paul-rimmer@ronin-server:~/calibre/calibre$ sudo python setup.py install
[sudo] password for paul-rimmer:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 13, in <module>
import setup.commands as commands
File "/home/paul-rimmer/calibre/calibre/setup/commands.py", line 87, in <module>
from setup.installer.osx.freeze import OSX32_Freeze
File "/home/paul-rimmer/calibre/calibre/setup/installer/osx/freeze.py", line 13, in <module>
setup
NameError: name 'setup' is not defined
Old 11-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #113
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Fix committed.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #114
RoninTech
Groupie

I regrabbed with another "wget -O- http://status.calibre-ebook.com/dist/src" and get the exact same error.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #115
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You need to get the source from version control

bzr co lp:calibre
Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #116
RoninTech
Groupie

Thanks Kovid. Finally figured out all of the dependencies and got it to build on Karmic. Don't think its a huge deal but there looks to be an issue with a pickle script that may be stopping other stuff from being installed:

Quote:
Installing binary: /usr/bin/fetch-ebook-metadata
Installing binary: /usr/bin/calibre-smtp
Installing binary: /usr/bin/calibre
Installing binary: /usr/bin/lrfviewer
Installing binary: /usr/bin/ebook-viewer
Installing mount helper to /usr/bin/calibre-mount-helper
Installing code to /usr/lib/calibre
Installing resources to /usr/share/calibre
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "setup.py", line 99, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "setup.py", line 85, in main
command.run_all(opts)
File "/home/paul-rimmer/calibre/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 158, in run_all
self.run_cmd(self, opts)
File "/home/paul-rimmer/calibre/calibre/setup/__init__.py", line 154, in run_cmd
cmd.run(opts)
File "/home/paul-rimmer/calibre/calibre/setup/install.py", line 138, in run
self.run_postinstall()
File "/home/paul-rimmer/calibre/calibre/setup/install.py", line 171, in run_postinstall
manifest=self.manifest)
File "/home/paul-rimmer/calibre/calibre/src/calibre/linux.py", line 113, in __init__
scripts = cPickle.loads(P('scripts.pickle', data=True))
File "/home/paul-rimmer/calibre/calibre/src/calibre/utils/resources.py", line 16, in get_path
return open(path, 'rb').read()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/paul-rimmer/calibre/calibre/resources/scripts.pickle'
Old 11-09-2009, 10:55 AM   #117
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Run

python setup.py resources
Old 11-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #118
RoninTech
Groupie

Got it. Thanks! Only thing I'm missing is some PoDoFo functionality. Now to play with calibre-server...
Old 11-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #119
prky
prky began at the beginning.

Device: IPhone 3GS
Hi all,

First up, huge thanks for calibre2web, if I can get it running, it will make things much easier for accessing books on my IPhone!

I seem to be having an issue with it within Stanza on the iPhone though.

I've set up calibre, the books meta-data, converted books to epub, run calibre2web, and copied everything across to my web server.

I'm just testing with the internal URL for now, which looks like:

http://1.2.3.4/~username/EBooks/_CATALOGS/catalog.xml

If I browse that using Firefox on a PC on the local LAN, I get the "Calibre eBook Library" page coming up, and I can select an author, a book, click the link, and download the epub book to my PC.

All good so far.

However, if I add that same URL into Stanza on my iPhone, as an online category, then when I click on it, I get the prompt:

"Download 'catalog' as an electronic book and import it into your library?" with a Download or Cancel button.

Clicking download takes me to the screen where it would normally show a book has been downloaded, with the error: "Failed to download and import 'catalog.xml': Unable to translate 'catalog.xml' for import."

If I click "Cancel" instead of Download, it just sits on an empty screen with the swirling 'loading' symbol, until the IPhone powers off after 5 minutes idle time.

Anyone got any idea why it's doing this on Stanza on the iPhone, despite seeming to look fine with Firefox on a PC?

prk.
prky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:11 AM   #120
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
When adding it to the Online Catalogs section of Stanza on the iPhone you did select "Add Stanza Catalog" rather than"Add Web Page"? That error message sounds rather as if you might have used the latter option.

I see that the README that accompanies Calibre2Web does not make this clear, so I have just added a line to point this out. When the README was originally written there was only the one option available.

Last edited by itimpi; 11-15-2009 at 03:24 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote