Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #1111
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yin. View Post
Hey everyone,
I just noticed that some stories on fanfiction.net now have something that looks like a cover - would it be possible for the downloader plugin to have an option to download and integrate that? Here's one of those stories that has it -> http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8661803/1/The-Eyes-Have-It
In your personal.ini set:
Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]
never_make_cover: false
FFDL defaults to not using ffnet covers due to their small size and how often the 'story' image is really the author's image.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #1112
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

fimfiction.net still hasn't fixed the problem with their API listing extra, non-viewable chapters.

(If there's news about it posted on fimfiction.net, I'm relying on you, the users of fimf to inform me--I don't use that site.)

As an interim workaround, here's a version that uses the reported chapter_count and assumes that all the all the non-viewable chapters are at the end.

This version also contains a new feature for assigning the same reason to several rejected URLs at once.

UPDATE Jan 02 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-02-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Advert
Old 12-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #1113
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
[](/rdsalute) I shall monitor the situation with FiMFiction's API to the best of my ability. Does this version still produce an error message when there's a mismatch between chapter count and provided chapters? A couple of stories in my library are affected by that problem (as well as the bug with accented characters in the title), I've been pinging them with update attempts on a regular basis to see if it's been fixed.

I'll give Knightly a polite nudge every once in a while too, to make sure he doesn't forget about us offline readers.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #1114
s_stabeler
s_stabeler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
quick question- is it possible for FFDL to download the rating of a fic from fanfiction.net? specifically, can it be written to a tag, like the character names are?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #1115
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_stabeler View Post
quick question- is it possible for FFDL to download the rating of a fic from fanfiction.net? specifically, can it be written to a tag, like the character names are?
FFDL does record the rating from ffnet. In personal.ini, include_subject_tags controls what's included in tags. By default, rating is not included, but you can add it for all sites like so:

Code:
[defaults]
include_subject_tags: extratags, genre, category, characters, ships, status, rating
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #1116
s_stabeler
s_stabeler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
thanks, it works fine.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #1117
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Small question. In the replace metadata part, how to make it replace something only if the entire string matches, and not just some part of it?
For example, there is a category called K. I am trying to rename it into K Project, but since some sites do have it written like that, I don't want to end up with K Project Project.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #1118
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatheia View Post
Small question. In the replace metadata part, how to make it replace something only if the entire string matches, and not just some part of it?
For example, there is a category called K. I am trying to rename it into K Project, but since some sites do have it written like that, I don't want to end up with K Project Project.
If it's one string in the category list, matching for pattern ^K$ should catch only 'K' by itself. ^ and $ specify beginning and end of string.

If that doesn't work, it would be easiest if you post a story URL and I'll play with it.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:18 AM   #1119
crackshot91
Enthusiast
crackshot91 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3G
This is weird...

FFDL is working great for me. Even with the big fimfiction.net redesign, everything is functional.

But there's this one single story I'm trying to download that won't work. FFDL fetches the metadata, and it appears to be downloading the story, but then I get this message:

And when I click "view log", there's nothing:

This is the story in question.

I'm not sure if FFDL has this problem with any other fimfiction stories, because all the others I've tried to download have gone fine. :/
Old 12-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #1120
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@crackshot91 - This is a known problem. See this posting.

I plan to put out a new version with this workaround soon. I'm waiting on a new adapter from one of the other devs.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #1121
crackshot91
Enthusiast
crackshot91 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3G
Awesome! Thanks for the reply, Jimm.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #1122
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.7.2 - 02 Jan 2013
  • New Spanish language site www.potterfics.com (Thanks Dan!)
  • Remove site www.yourfanfiction.com--it's been gone for awhile.
  • Correct AO3 extra metadata freefromtags to freeformtags. freefromtags will continue to work for those already using it.
  • Workaround for fimfiction.net's API issue with non-viewable chapters given.
  • Add feature to set reason for several Reject URLs at once. PI only.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #1123
hedwig_edwiges
hedwig_edwiges began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I'm having trouble with this plugin, receiving an error message (below) everytime I try to update a story or add a new one:

Download FanFiction Book
FanFictionDownLoader v1.7.2
Adding jobs for URLs:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4923158/1/
Exception in thread Thread-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\server.py", line 217, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\server.py", line 135, in launch_worker
CriticalError: Failed to launch worker process:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\server.py", line 144, in do_launch
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\launch.py", line 215, in __call__
File "subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 896, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied

I already uninstalled and re-installed Calibre and updated the fanfictiondownloader plugin.

Any other options?

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #1124
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@hedwig_edwiges - This particular thread generally just gets you me again.

If reinstalling didn't help, did you try doing a convert to another format? That will launch a subprocess and should indicate if it's a general problem with subprocesses.

I'll send a PM to Kovid, the main calibre developer, calling his attention to your posting.

Jim
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #1125
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Looks like the workaround for FiMFiction's "hidden chapter" problem doesn't quite work under some circumstances. I tested it with http://www.fimfiction.net/api/story.php?story=13070, which has four public chapters and one hidden chapter. Problem is that the hidden chapter is #4, with #5 being public. FFDL got all the text of the chapters correctly, but it used the name of the hidden chapter #4 as the title for the visible chapter #5. I've mentioned this specific case in a fresh PM to Knighty. Not sure if something this minor warrants further fixing in FFDL since it is after all just a workaround.

Oh, I found another oddball problem while using FFDL on FiMFiction. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/49084/ gives the error "Invalid IPv6 URL". I've never seen that error before and there don't appear to be any weird URLs in the data the API gives. The story has only one image in it, in the first chapter, and I don't see anything weird about its URL either.
Closed Thread