Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
Moketa
Moketa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Backing up library on DVD

I copied the entire "Calibre" library folder to a DVD.Files are all there,but when I try to switch Calibre to the backup library an error box opens saying "unhandled exception" Any suggestions?
Moketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre cannot use a library if the file attributes are set to Read Only (which is what normally happens when files are copied to DVD). You would have to use media that supports read/write access to files if you want to be able to make Calibre use it. In fact if you copy a Calibre library back to your hard disk from a DVD backup one needs to remember to reset the file attributes to clear the Read Only flag.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
Moketa
Moketa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Thank you for the reply,saves me from burning a new copy of my library
Moketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
Marok
Marok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of lightMarok is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kindle G3
I was just about to post a request for help with a similar problem.
itimpi, you may just have answered it with the "reset the file attributes to clear the Read Only flag" info.
I'll give it a go.
Marok is offline   Reply With Quote