Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
iBooks now supports embedded fonts

http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/20...phone-and.html

Quote:
But today I noticed something new: iBooks now supports embedded fonts even in regular, reflowable, non-fixed layout EPUBs.

That's not all. I noticed while I was testing this feature that Apple no longer restricts embedded fonts to non-special tags, as I describe on page 140 of my EPUB book. This is a really big deal, and means you can forget the ugly hacks previously required to get them to appear.
Liz Castro has simple instructions on her site to make ePubs work with embeddable fonts-and as a bonus, these ePubs also will work on the Nook!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I really prefer to pick fonts myself. What I find more readable apparently does not match what other people sometimes choose.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
I really prefer to pick fonts myself. What I find more readable apparently does not match what other people sometimes choose.
Yes, it is odd that iBooks doesn't allow access to all the fonts already on the iPad..there are like 33 of them available!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote