Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 09-23-2007, 12:03 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm well lets see, I may add an option to turn it on/off.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:08 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That would be great! Thanks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 PM   #18
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Can this be accessed through the GUI or is it just through command line?

Thanks for all the great work!

Mitchll
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:33 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At the moment only through the commandline, once it stabilizes more I'll integrate it into the GUI.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #20
whiteinge
whiteinge began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Wow, that's really great. Thanks a lot for putting that together!
whiteinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

version 0.4.3 with full justification, search and a faster layout engine. Will hit the servers in an hour.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:50 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very nice!
Old 09-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Integrated with the main libprs500 GUI in 0.4.4
Old 09-27-2007, 05:43 AM   #24
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Kovid. I've looked at a couple of examples of books produced by BookDesigner and the full justification is hardcoded into the text. Being able to turn it on and off is got to be a better option - personally I'd rather have the ragged margin than ridiculous amounts of space between words.
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
Kovid. I've looked at a couple of examples of books produced by BookDesigner and the full justification is hardcoded into the text. Being able to turn it on and off is got to be a better option - personally I'd rather have the ragged margin than ridiculous amounts of space between words.
The open source LRF viewer supports hyphenation, so you won't get the huge spaces in lines.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #26
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The open source LRF viewer supports hyphenation, so you won't get the huge spaces in lines.
Lots of spaces versus lots of hyphens versus justification versus smaller font size: there's always a trade-off to be made somewhere, and as as with all things the choice should be with the reader wherever possible.
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:44 AM   #27
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Kovid, you are like a machine over there man!! You are doing everything that Sony should be doing. You rock. So will this view show us exactly what the file will look like on the Reader? Or is it just a viewer for .lrf files.

The reason I ask is that it is time consuming to make a book then load it onto the Reader, only to find out the spacing is wrong or something. It would be cool if I could just check it in the viewer first...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #28
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Wow, I just started using this. I like the interface and you even included a text search function. Very cool. I have actually been using color graphics in my lrf files (hey someday Readers are gonna be color right?!), and your viewer does a great job of rendering those perfect too.

So when Sony dives in and tries to hire you away from us, you won't forget us little people right?!?!

Last edited by tsgreer; 09-27-2007 at 12:16 PM.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #29
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
Lots of spaces versus lots of hyphens versus justification versus smaller font size: there's always a trade-off to be made somewhere, and as as with all things the choice should be with the reader wherever possible.
I can add an option to turn off full justification. If you open a ticket for it, I'll make sure it gets into the next version.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsgreer View Post
Kovid, you are like a machine over there man!! You are doing everything that Sony should be doing. You rock. So will this view show us exactly what the file will look like on the Reader? Or is it just a viewer for .lrf files.

The reason I ask is that it is time consuming to make a book then load it onto the Reader, only to find out the spacing is wrong or something. It would be cool if I could just check it in the viewer first...
That was one of the primary reasons I made the viewer. As I hated having to load books on the reader or boot windows to see the end result of a conversion. However, the rendering is not going to be exactly the same as SONY's reader, primarily because my reader supports hyphenation. You can turn it off with the --disable-hyphenation command-line option.

Another point off difference is that my reader uses different default fonts (the liberation family) as these have real italic and bold typefaces and support a far larger range of unicode characters. But their size characteristics are very similar to the Reader's default fonts, so it should not make much difference.